Reviving my MGT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannaI

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the process of putting my MGT back together. I had the original MGT with the .21 engine. Unfortunately The engine and mount is missing. Finding an OEM mount is impossible.

Does the 8.0 engine mount fit?

The only mount that I can find, other than the 8.0 is this Integy. I want to put a Mach .26 but this one states .21 only. I guess I can buy the Mach .21 if that's the only one that'll fit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Integy-T71...677646?hash=item25a659910e:g:aasAAOSwrklVVBYy

Thanks for any help! I may have more questions the more I break this truck down.

I'm not a nitro people. But I have made many custom mounts for people thru the years . do you have any type of equipment and skills.? make your own. not sure linked mount will work. Compare specs from 1 to another..
way to cut aluminum bar
drill with drill well 1s to drill for taps
taps sizes mounting screws need.
might need to shape mount around lower part of motor.big hammer lol heat n cold rage(list goes on)

the 8.0 engine mount will not fit regular big block engines (.21-.36).
as far as the .21 engine, i dont honestly know if there was a difference between the .21 and the 4.6, i think it is mostly meaning that you can't use the 8.0 sized engines on there, in the manuals they are both the same part number between the .21 and 4.6.
definitely post some pictures when you can! i have the 4.6 and a .21 as well, love these trucks.
definitely curious your thoughts on the mach .26 in the MGT, i have one on my LST, but havent tried swapping it to the MGT yet.

Demon is correct ,the 21 & 28 are the same mount ,8.0 is bigger an also uses
a metal plate underneath!
I have an extra mount if you need it ,yours for free if you want it!...:thumbs-up:

Here ,Integy has one too ,they are good ,I have one as well ,that is why I have the extra mount!

Integy T7107C Alloy Engine Mount for MGT(.21 Size Engine) 917890026907 | eBay

1612917375745.png

Thanks for the info on the 8.0 mount. And thanks for the offer for the mount.

Fortunately I found what I was looking for! I found the original mount along with the Mach .26 I used to have and the Wasp .28. The .26 was from an LST.

Currently putting the .26 back together and that's what I'll use in the truck. Waiting on new o-rings and air filter.

Will post pics when it's up and running!

I have a question about the electronics. I used to run the JR XS3 off the LST. The receiver is missing the antenna so I'm thinking about upgrading the transmitter to a Futaba 4PM.

I have the original AE throttle/brake servo along with a hitec 645mg. Will older (ancient) servos work fine with the newer stuff?

I have a question about the electronics. I used to run the JR XS3 off the LST. The receiver is missing the antenna so I'm thinking about upgrading the transmitter to a Futaba 4PM.

I have the original AE throttle/brake servo along with a hitec 645mg. Will older (ancient) servos work fine with the newer stuff?
they should work just fine, i am still using both of the above servos on some newer radio systems without problems.

Just to update this post. I put the mach .26 in. Fired up but didn't get a chance to really tune it yet. Upgraded to a Futaba 4PM. 645mg burnt out after 20 seconds for some reason so I replaced it with the digital equivalent.

1.jpg