reverse for a savage x

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan14

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
for my savage x how do u fit a reverse moduel and do you need a new reciver and remote the TF-4 one?

you take the tranny case apart, take the gear shaft out, take idler gear off shaft and put it on reverse module, then stick the module in the tranny. as long as u have a 3 channel receiver you are fine. i dont recomend using the reverse module with the 2 channel mixer simply due to the fact that of your braking hard and you hold it to long itll switch to reverse and then mess you all up. so get the reverse module w/o the mixer and get a 3 channel receiver if yoiu dont already have one.

It's not all that hard. The hardest part is getting the trans out, and even then, that's not all that hard. Take off the pipe, the roll bar, and the pipe-side TVP. Also, take the top ends of the inner shocks and the tires on the pipe-side loose (it will make getting at the screws easier... you'll see).

Next, undo the brake linkage, the four screws on the tank side TVP that thread into the trans, and the two at the back of the trans on the underside that hold it to the engine plate. After that, it's a little wedge-act and it comes right out.

Then take off the outdrives (now would be a good time to install the dual disc brakes, if you wanted to), and open the case up. Follow the directions that come with the reverse module to install it.

Also, if you wanted to do it, nows' the best time to toss in the three speed upgrade, since you'll have to take the trans out to install the bottom gear.

Re-assemble, and rip it up! Trust me, it's easier than it sounds.