returning to the rc world and looking at buying a revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxas t-maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have been out of the rc world for a few years now and I want to get back into it! I am looking at buying a revo, previously I had a t-maxx and liked it but I am wanting the revo this time. I found one that needs some work which is what I want, its the 2.5 version but the guy says that it doesn't shift into first gear and only runs in second, what would be a good price for this machine?? Thanks!

yeh. id say the 2nd gear clutch screw is too far out and just engages 2nd gear straight away. needs to be tighten up so that when it revs more the clutch engages and then it hits 2nd.

how much is it? got any pics?

Yeah $200 or less would be a good price. Trans should be an easy fix and even if you had to buy a new engine there only $104.99 for a 2.5R and $110 for a 3.3.

Well unfortunently I didn't win it, but I think I found another one. Heres a link http://lansing.craigslist.org/tag/2944837069.html I called the guy he says it runs like a champ and everything on it is in great running order, it comes with the 2.5 and a remote. He wouldn't budge off $200 would that still be a good price?

So I am going to look at the one in the post above! The guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about, I called on a 3.3 and the guy just sounded like he had no clue what he was talking about. When I asked him about the opti-drive he went on about how it had reverse and nothing about the major things that opti-drive does for the machine, he actually sounded like just bought it took it out of the box and bashed it without ever tuning it.

Thats got a picco .26 on it! Engine alone cost $179 my friend. Everything looks good in pics so go for it! $200 is a good deal.

Figure out exactly what it comes with, the add says 2.0 (I assume 2.5), and the pictures are of 2 different trucks. The topless one has a Picco .26 but I can't tell what the one with the top has (I assume the one he is selling is the one with the lid on).

Get him to send you pics with lid off of the one for sale. If it looks as good a shape as the one with picco it will still be worth $200. Even if you have to change engine. But if it looks ragged as heck ide ask a bunch of questions. You can buy a lemon on these rigs as well as a real car sometimes. I did on a tmaxx.

Well unfortunently I didn't win it, but I think I found another one. Heres a link http://lansing.craigslist.org/tag/2944837069.html I called the guy he says it runs like a champ and everything on it is in great running order, it comes with the 2.5 and a remote. He wouldn't budge off $200 would that still be a good price?

That thing looks a little ragged out man, dirty as heck, am radio...Might be better off buying a New Revo roller off of ebay and then slowly or quickly obtain the additional components(Tires etc...) On the flip side I do see the potential. Clean her up, buy a 2.4 ghz system and she does have the Picco power plant....hrmmm...

Last edited:
Well I called the guy and he never called back so I'm guessing he sold it! Also its a good thing because my dirt bike needs some money put into it befor the next race. So from here out I'm going to save up and I kind of want to buy new! Or find a nice one on ebay!

Back