Restoring my Mugen MBX5T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoraduntov

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have decided to restore my Mugen MBX5T. Its been sitting in the garage for a few years and has never been fully broken in yet .
I'm including some pics.

First step is starter box repair.
IMG_1635_1.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

OMG!! That thing is clean.... Have you ever used it? :) :) :)
I have the MBX5T ProSpec myself, Handles so good.. Old but a very good rc..

I barley used it .
Basically everything is still new .
Just needs to be set up right and cleaned up .

Ok.
I'm going with the O.S. .28 engine . I have the new Buku Clutch installed in it .
The starter box is ready with a new rubber wheel .

The next step for me right now is to set up the radio system and electronics .

SUPER CLEAN starting point!!! Def keep posting as you upgrade etc!!! Would love to see vids of tearing it up when you're done!!!

Is it wrong for me to drool a lil when I look at the pic of the OS and the buku???
The whole project is looking SUPER CLEAN!!! Excellent job so far!!! I REALLY hope you can get a video posted once you get this bad boy rolling!!!

Def looking forward to it. Curious to know how you like the buku setup. I don't know if I'll be able to work it out, but I want to try and find a way to get one on to my small block engine... I'd love to know if it will be worth my efforts before I do it tho.

Nice, I've never had a Mugen , I've had the opportunity to pick one up a few times but I passed up on them because we don't have any parts availability for them here locally. coincidentally I also have one of those Motors setting here, unfortunately it needs a new sleeve and piston. since it's complete I may get around to doing something with that one of these days...

IMG_1757.jpg

All finished with a new engine .

Wow! Looks killer!!! I really hope you do make a video for this! With that .30 pushing it, I'll bet it's scary fast!!! (see what I did there with the 'scary' Halloween reference???) lol!
Yeah, I'll bet that BOOGIES! Looks GREAT! You did an awesome job! Congrats!!! :thumbs-up:

That thing is bad to the bone. I'm officially jealous.

Back