Restoration Project #9 - HPI and Tamiya

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandalfnz

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Scored this bundle a few days back.
There is like 5 cars in there in pieces, apparently another Tamiya TG10 and I can see a TT01 and some other electrics.
Out of this all, I pulled an almost complete TG10 Nitro and HPI RS4 - 3.
TG10 is missing electronics, servos and cabling. Checked the engine has good pinch and compression.
HPI RS4 fuel tank is cracked (will replace with HSP) and is missing one front wheel cup, also missing servos and electronics. Same as TG10, good pinch and compression.
I think I will keep these two and sell all the rest that came in this bundle.
Cost $100 USD

This would be my first Tamiya Nitro and my 6th RS4-3. :)

new bundle 3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks

Really? I checked a few, some were dry out, some were good.
It this paint usually used for body touch ups?
Try adding a little water to the paint if water based. Nice score. Something about those tiny square motors I love.

Try adding a little water to the paint if water based. Nice score. Something about those tiny square motors I love.
Thanks for the tip. Will try that.
I believe these are the OS engines, but I cannot see any engraving on it. Only Tamiya.
Most of the parts in these are made in Japan. Even the pull start.

Hi Chaps

Have made good progress with RS4 restoration.
Waiting on wheel cups to arrive, as I am missing one, and some other small parts, but its almost complete
Here is the progress so far.
Fuel tank again was cracked and I have installed and HSP counterpart with a small mod.

RS46rest1.jpg

RS46rest2.jpg

RS46rest3.jpg

Thanks!

My 6th RS4 is coming along nicely.

And, some dare call me an RS4 hoarder!

Back