resetting my factory engine settings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cen_guy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
last nite i was tring to tune my engine b/c whenever i put the brakes on he engine would shut off. now it wont start, does any one know the factory setting for a tamiya FS-12:\

It's a problem with the idle setting. You need to remove the air filter, turn the throttle trim all the way down on the radio, then while holding the brake, adjust your idle screw till you open the carb to about 2mm.
When it idles well with the brake applied, you're set.

That will, at least, stop it from stalling while braking.
If it still won't start, check your glow plug and the igniter next.
If the igniter is fully charged and the plug glows brightly, then raise the throttle trim and try it again.
When it starts, and it's warmed up to running temp, raise the idle adjustment and lower the trim back to zero.

ok still nothing what about the fuel/air needle i was messing w/ that too

ok ill ask my fried ben could comprestion have to do w/ it cus the engine gets warm after about ten pulls

turn the needle all the way lean.. clockwise.. then turn it counter clockwise 3 full turns.. adjust acording to the color of your smoke at full throttle.. also a smooth idle when warm is 1-1.5mm 2mm is ok if you dont mind the noise anything higher might engage your clutch if its still strong if you adjust your idle with your servo adjustment, you will lose your brakes

i need to do a comprestion test bcuz something is spraying