Replacing the radio for my Xmaxx 8S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
HI, looking for advice on replacing my poor quality Traxxas radio for an upmarket radio like say the Sanwa M17 or Futaba T7PXR or another recommendation or are they totally over the top for my Xmaxx 8S as I only do general bashing but do not want a complicated transmitter installation or connection to my truck. My issue is the time delay when I press the trigger or turn the steering etc. Many thanks for any help.

Check out Flysky. Very popular and dirt cheap! I'm still using my +10 year old GT3B model, which they still sell for $45 on Amazon. For $10 more you could get the GT3C model which comes with a receiver and a rechargeable battery pack.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NH6MS9...abc_45D8KQMVMVSTDB0D9PZX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The latest version goes for $70, but I don't know the specs on it. I'm sure it's on YT though.

Last edited:
the 2 radios you 1st listed I feel are to much for a basher. Try a flysky NB4. I'm a racer basher fun times with rc and I like mine price is lower rx are under 50 and range is great..

the 2 radios you 1st listed I feel are to much for a basher. Try a flysky NB4. I'm a racer basher fun times with rc and I like mine price is lower rx are under 50 and range is great..
Many thanks for your help. I did think it was but thought I would ask for some independent advice.

We are doing little races (1/8 buggy) with a basic Tactic 300 with no antenna receiver.

TACJ0300.jpg

Rock solid since 2018.
Flysky is good too.
I have a DX5 Pro... Not bad but a so-so ratio quality versus $ (IMO) I won't race 1/10 buggy with a DX5 Pro.. Sanwa or Futaba... (project)

Back