Replacing spur gear on kyosho inferno neo 2.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlydeeRC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I just got my car running again after breaking on the the shocks. I took it out for the second time today and because I forgot to check and tighten screws the engine came loose and stripped the spur gear! I've ordered a new one which I'm collecting tomorrow. Is this a difficult job to fix? Has anyone here done it on this model before?

it looks to be a simple swap, just remove the center diff, from the chassis swap spurs then re-install. throttle brake linkage is ususally the biggest pain to get back exactly how it was before removed, but just a little trim and should be fine.
Typically spurs are one of the main first repairs so it seems most companies try to make it a simple task.

With something like that ,that involves messing with the linkages ,you can take simple steps to insure
that everything goes back together right!

Take notes an mark things how they were ,like the servo horn ,make sure that you mark the location of
the horn if you decide to take it off ,an your servo keeps it center!

Some RC's ,you can take the brake cam itself off with out messing with the linkage.

There is certain steps like that ,you can take to make it easier ,also take photo's!

Back