Repinched x4.6 .excellent compression.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCNITRO

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
So my v14.6 is showing signs that its comeing to the end of its life witch sucks ass really bad as we do get attached to these things lol but fear not my dudes i have been repinching these cylinders for a while now and it works really well .you get a lot more runtime before the symptoms come back so i would recommend trying it for all you need to achieve it cost's very little .

Attachments

• 20220107_203800.jpg
    20220107_203800.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 50
wait what.. what type of bracket in the workbench clamp is that ? could you perhaps point me to a link of some sorts ? or more info :)

So my v14.6 is showing signs that its comeing to the end of its life witch sucks ass really bad as we do get attached to these things lol but fear not my dudes i have been repinching these cylinders for a while now and it works really well .you get a lot more runtime before the symptoms come back so i would recommend trying it for all you need to achieve it cost's very little .

If you can figure out how to squeeze that all a way around the sleeve evenly you can put back some of
the pinch for some more run time ,looks like you found away ,use to be able to buy the pinch tooling ,
I missed out on some years ago when they were on E-bay!..👍😎

Yea bro iv got the tools they still sell them mate all different broes .these cheep clamps do the same job its the copper ring that goes inside the tool that dose the real work 😁
wait what.. what type of bracket in the workbench clamp is that ? could you perhaps point me to a link of some sorts ? or more info :)
22mm clamps bro 22mm copper cut into a 5mm wide ring as u only want to clamp the top 5mm of the cylinder and a table top clamp heat your cylinder to 100c clamp and quench in cold water test with piston and repeatedly do this till u get a good pinch 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220107-231730_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220107-231730_eBay.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 28
Key points I've learned;

Breathe just barely tighten it , overdo and you ruined it.

Make sure the pressure is applied evenly and piston at TDC otherwise you most likely will make sleeve a bit ovaled

Be sure to check rod bushing slop every time you Repinch. Extra stress from the increased compression on a worn rod bushing or crank pin will end badly.

i have found the magic squeezing ring in my country.
Good info on re-pinching and doing it in baby steps!
i have an old gs? .15 engine i can test this on and get a feel for it.
its a parts engine anyways and the sleeve is shot no matter what, piston falls right through🤣

i have found the magic squeezing ring in my country.
Good info on re-pinching and doing it in baby steps!
i have an old gs? .15 engine i can test this on and get a feel for it.
its a parts engine anyways and the sleeve is shot no matter what, piston falls right through🤣
I'm a gs racing freak. Former sponsored driver and still have my storms and run them.

If its a black head gs .15 its the same internally as the mach .15 black head from a losi

I'm a gs racing freak. Former sponsored driver and still have my storms and run them.

If its a black head gs .15 its the same internally as the mach .15 black head from a losi
It's not a gs sadly, i just took it out of my benched engine closet because i wanted to know for sure
i discovered it says "Team Orion" on the side of the block which is also marked on top of the grey/silver head.
but i cannot for the life of me find the engine size number anywhere on the block. the block looks smaller then a .15 but the head doesn't..

EDIT: so i just found out it is a .12 and probably made between 2001 and whenever. it used to power my RS4 back in the day

It's not a gs sadly, i just took it out of my benched engine closet because i wanted to know for sure
i discovered it says "Team Orion" on the side of the block which is also marked on top of the grey/silver head.
but i cannot for the life of me find the engine size number anywhere on the block. the block looks smaller then a .15 but the head doesn't..

EDIT: so i just found out it is a .12 and probably made between 2001 and whenever. it used to power my RS4 back in the day
Oooh one of my favorites id love to have her if complete

Key points I've learned;

Breathe just barely tighten it , overdo and you ruined it.

Make sure the pressure is applied evenly and piston at TDC otherwise you most likely will make sleeve a bit ovaled

Be sure to check rod bushing slop every time you Repinch. Extra stress from the increased compression on a worn rod bushing or crank pin will end badly.
If you over titen it u can just reheat and push the piston back in to open her back up mate

Yea bro iv got the tools they still sell them mate all different broes .these cheep clamps do the same job its the copper ring that goes inside the tool that dose the real work 😁

22mm clamps bro 22mm copper cut into a 5mm wide ring as u only want to clamp the top 5mm of the cylinder and a table top clamp heat your cylinder to 100c clamp and quench in cold water test with piston and repeatedly do this till u get a good pinch 👍
Meant to say thanks for sharing your method

Back