Removing/swapping steering servo . How to?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FORDSVTTHUNDER

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Been looking at my x 4.6 trying to figure out how in the heck you remove the steering servo to upgrade? The servo saver appears to be orange aluminum like the other alum parts. So I'm wanting to go ahead and buy a good servo so I'll have it when the stock 20 fails. I've found pics of the servo and receiver box removed but nothing showing how to do it. I'd like to be able to do this myself but I just can't figure out how to remove it all and I really don't know if I could get it back together. Sorry for all the questions. You guys have been a HUGE help already to me. Thanks.

Just disconnect the servo horn, the thing that screws into the middle of the servo. Then remove the 4 screws that hold the servo to the mount and it drops right out. You will have to wiggle the servo wire through the hole in the bottom of the battery box but other than that it's pretty simple. No need to remove the servo saver or any of the other steering components.