removing reverse servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayoitsjus10

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just installed the new ball bearing steering kit and i guess my reverse servo uis in theway .. can i just remove the reverse servo i dont use revers anyways..i know theres a forward only kit but i dont feel like tearing up my transmission
is there a GHETTO WAY to do this can i just remove the servo would it stay in forward..or is there a way i can pin the linkage down to stay in forward

i need some creative master wizards advice please
this is just for the mean time until i get the chance to tear the tranny and put a forward kit..and yes i know i can just put washer to raise the servo put i dont know what to use and i already have the servo removed please help me guys thanks

You can remove the servo and linkage then use a spring to attach to the end of shaft and pulled back to one of the screws on tranny housing in order to keep the shaft pulled back and engaged in forward full time. I really recommend the FOC be installed at some point. Its a very easy mod and it makes the transmission much better and it will seem faster due to the fact you are getting rid of many moving parts that will lighten it up and have less resistance.

With the servo removed you will need to secure the shift fork rod all the way in toward the transmission or it will jump out of forward gear. Use a piece of wire, zip tie, whatever you have available.
A few small washers or spacers between the servo and mounts are all it takes to raise it up for clearance.

Which foc kit would I need can someone send me a link
And also to keep it in forward the shaft should be pushed in right

I bought it used the guy said its a 2,5 with a 3.3 motor on it black receiver and battery boxes black trans

If its the black trans you can find the FOC on ebay for like $11.00 prob cheaper including shipping.

I did sum creativeness a used the linkage to pin the trans forward for now the servo horn is screwed to the existing servo mount and the springs were used to create tension
It works I bashed the whole day no problems
But that's just a bandaid till I get the foc kit now I know what to get ill upload pics of wat I did
One question will the foc conversion eliminate the jerking when it's at idle

Yes once the FOC is installed the jerking will dissappear. It's one of the best upgrades IMHO.