removing reverse gear. need nput

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocknrevo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well i think I'm going to remove my reverse gear. i think its stripped. whats all into removing the reverse gear n a revo? is it a big job?

what all do i need?

thanx

rocknrevo

All you need to do is buy the Forward only conversion and follow the included instructions. Very simple. www.rcdocuments.com also helps with manuals.

Man in my oppion getting rid of the reverse is the best thing you can do. It lightens up the truck and removes a headache of gears. Just follow the instructions. I know opening up a trany can be intemidating at first but its pretty basic. And if you wanted you could go the center diff and rear break route. Just a thought, I didnt because I think it looks cool when your at the track racing and you hit that one little bump right and the front end lifts up, but thats just me.

Bryson

FOC and Center Diff Upgrades

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/revo/resources/5414INST-Revo-Center-Diff.pdf

Follow this link for removing reverse. It seems to be the same as if you are installing the FOC if you decide on that instead of the center diff....I liked using the web page as it is larger than the instructions that come with the unit...you can zoom it up to make out better details....Good luck and if you need help let me know....

Hawk

thanx hawk.

job completed! piece of cake. i completely removed all the reverse gears. i cut da little shaft out of my one of da reverse gears and kept that in there. hopefully i wont need a forward only kit.

when everything is said and done my ultimate goal is to remove all reverse gears, reverse servo and opti drive system.

liter= faster