removing clutch bell

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokeitagain

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just a quick one today. I'm swappin the motors between my trucks. Everythings done including sealin the new one, but I need to switch the clutch bells. I'm sure I can push the small e-clip off with a flat head, but is there a preffered method, or is there any specialty tool made for this task? Thanks.

If you can get on it, I always use needle nose plyers for e/c clips, put one jaw on the edge of what ever the clip is around and then the other jaw between the two ends of the clip and flooomp...lol...Thats how I always get mine.

Cool thanks sng. What happens if I get a kaping instead of a flooomp tho? lol jk. Ill do that when I get home. Ever have them shoot across the room, or do they just slide off? Cuz it'd suck if tht thing went flying lol.

I always use a magnatized srew driver to remove the clutchbell e-clips. After the first ka-ping! and spending an hour on my knees with my nose to the floor I decided that was a better solution.

Lol I don't have one so I guess ill have to chance it for now. Wish me luck on not givin the cat a shiny new toy if I can't find it lol.

Find the strongest magnet on the fridge, put it under the clip, and pop 'er off straight onto the magnet. You'll definitely need needle nose to put it back on though. Make sure it's lined up and that you press it down straight. If you tweak it at all, and it doesn't fit tight, it'll come off.

i just push it off with a screw driver, and pop it back on with one too. yea, sometimes they do go flying thats y a well placed hand can stop an hour long search lol

Basically, it's a good idea to have spares.:) Why do I have 25 shims, but only 1 clip? Only the rc gods know...:)

Got it off. my c clips on the shocks shafts I had to fight off, but those clutch bell e clips actually came off really easy. I was expectin a fight with them thinkin they'd be more ridgid, but I dug around and actually found an old microwave magnet I had that was o shaped n fit perfectly around the clutch bell. So I dropped it around it and when the clip popped off it immediately caught it and all was well lol. So another tool of sorts added to the rc tool box. Thanks everyone.

Also got all the trucks reassembled last night, had to reseal the gas tank on the jato as the edge was leakin right where the back screw holds it in. It should hold for now til the new one comes in, and my buddies comin over to run them tonight. I can't find any other rc guys around here so I'm excited cuz I've always bashed by myself, so tonight the gf, my buddy, and I will be runnin all three at once. Guess well see who breaks what first, and which truck is truly the fastest lol.

Back