removing cb screw

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonardlcb75

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hello,

can anybody tell me a easy way to remove clutch bell screw from f4.6 engine
just will not turn to check shoes.

thank you

Hold the flywheel with some vice grip then unscrew it, if it doesn't work...put some heat, like a lighter to it for about 5 sec, then try again. Good Luck!

The heat is to loosen the thread lock. I recommend using a hair dryer.

thank you,

members

You can also lock the piston by sticking a zip tie through the exhaust port. You might damage the flywheel if you use vicegrips.

You can also lock the piston by sticking a zip tie through the exhaust port. You might damage the flywheel if you use vicegrips.

I'm lost, how do you that? put the zip tie around the connecting rod? got any pics, and that will not damage anything?:\

Remove header pipe, and stick a zip tie head through the port. This will lock the piston and crankshaft, thus enabling you to remove the CB screw. The plastic zip tie is softer than metal so it won't harm anything. You can also go in through the glow plug hole.

The zip tie in the exhaust port trick is also an easy way to remove your piston sleeve. Remove the heatsink head and then stick the zip tie into the port. Rotate the crank and the sleeve will push out of the case far enough so that you can grab it with a pair of soft pliers.

Back