Redcat Volcano Body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattz71

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone, I'm new here so bare with me. Just bought a redcat volcano epx pro and so far loving it. I haven't owned an rc in over 20 years so I didnt know what to look for or what I liked but anyway. I dont think I like the monster truck style body. Wish I bought the short course instead.
That being said does anyone know of a body for the volcano that would be wider than the stock and almost cover the wheels? I've done a lot of searching and everything that is wider body has to long of a wheel base. Maybe someone here would know better.
Thanks

Hey everyone, I'm new here so bare with me. Just bought a redcat volcano epx pro and so far loving it. I haven't owned an rc in over 20 years so I didnt know what to look for or what I liked but anyway. I dont think I like the monster truck style body. Wish I bought the short course instead.
That being said does anyone know of a body for the volcano that would be wider than the stock and almost cover the wheels? I've done a lot of searching and everything that is wider body has to long of a wheel base. Maybe someone here would know better.
Thanks
Like i said in your other post about it, any of the Exceed RC Racing Terrain and Rally Monster bodies will fit it, and are about the only short course bodies available for it. Most short course trucks are listed as 1/10TH, but are actually on a larger 1/8TH scale chassis, so any typical SCT body you find will be for the larger chassis trucks. HSP and their rebrands (Redcat Racing and Exceed RC), dont follow the typical scale sizing that others do. Even the Volcano's body is slightly smaller than most of the other brands monster truck bodies. For example, the Arrma Granite is a 1/10TH scale monster truck, but, that trucks wheelbase is 1.3" longer than the Volcano. Your dad's Senton is the typical size for a 1/10TH scale short course truck, and most SCT bodies you find will be roughly the same size as the Senton he has.

Like i said in your other post about it, any of the Exceed RC Racing Terrain and Rally Monster bodies will fit it, and are about the only short course bodies available for it. Most short course trucks are listed as 1/10TH, but are actually on a larger 1/8TH scale chassis, so any typical SCT body you find will be for the larger chassis trucks. HSP and their rebrands (Redcat Racing and Exceed RC), dont follow the typical scale sizing that others do. Even the Volcano's body is slightly smaller than most of the other brands monster truck bodies. For example, the Arrma Granite is a 1/10TH scale monster truck, but, that trucks wheelbase is 1.3" longer than the Volcano. Your dad's Senton is the typical size for a 1/10TH scale short course truck, and most SCT bodies you find will be roughly the same size as the Senton he has.
Awesome thanks again. I think I'll ty to customize something out of a short course body. I'll see what I can come up with.

Awesome thanks again. I think I'll ty to customize something out of a short course body. I'll see what I can come up with.
If you go to NitroRCX.com, and look through all of their 1/10TH offerings, they have bodies in a dozen colors, for each truck. https://www.nitrorcx.com/brushlessrally.html You might even be able to find a clear body, and paint it any way you want. Iron Track bodies wont work though.

If you go to NitroRCX.com, and look through all of their 1/10TH offerings, they have bodies in a dozen colors, for each truck. https://www.nitrorcx.com/brushlessrally.html You might even be able to find a clear body, and paint it any way you want. Iron Track bodies wont work though.
Thanks, yes I've been researching right now going through any bodies I can find and seeing what the wheel base and width is for that those bodies lol...I will check the site you just listed

Back