redcat shockwave

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seppi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hi guys,quick guestion,is there a diference between blu and red nitro shock wave,or is it jus color?

Same POS rig, just different colors.

Redcat is one of the brands that makes people want to get out of the hobbies when they are just starting off. Pretty fragile factory parts and very little to no aftermarket support.

And replacement parts are hard to come by as well.

Have any of you ever owned any redcat products? you bash there quality and name like you have used them all your life and they've never been good for you. I suspect you've never owned but 1 or 2. I think Traxxas is crap. All they do is break right out of the box and by goodness if you don't take them apart first and loctite everything you'll have a bag of parts before you run through a whole battery or tank of fuel. Apples and oranges guys. Give redcat a brake.

You should check and tighten everything before the first run of ANY RTR rig regardless of brand. And I have only commented on the lack of aftermarket and MFR parts support on the Redcat brand.

Have any of you ever owned any redcat products? you bash there quality and name like you have used them all your life and they've never been good for you. I suspect you've never owned but 1 or 2. I think Traxxas is crap. All they do is break right out of the box and by goodness if you don't take them apart first and loctite everything you'll have a bag of parts before you run through a whole battery or tank of fuel. Apples and oranges guys. Give redcat a brake.
We've went on other peoples experiences, and other people who have had issues with them on the forum. We can also see just by pictures how low quality some of the parts are.

I spent 90% of the night last night looking at reviews and it isn't any different than traxxas or hpi. They just get a bad rap.

I spent 90% of the night last night looking at reviews and it isn't any different than traxxas or hpi. They just get a bad rap.
They're from people who most likely know nothing about the hobby. Parts are cheap and break easily, fact. You can buy one if you want, but prepare to be disappointed. Save up and buy something more durable with better performance.

This is true. But the other names you looked at have HUGE aftermarket support and part availability.

agree with redcat are bad quality, get something main brand even if it means waiting a little longer to save some more cash to buy a better quality rig,

the only time i majorly broke something on my savage was when i hit a concrete pillar in a multi story garage at full speed and then all i did was snap a hub carrier, got the replacement part the next day when i do break something parts are easy to find and usually pretty cheap

save yourself some headache and annoyance get a reliable brand that has good parts availability if you break something, like traxxas/ofna/hpi/losi/thunder tiger and many more

avoid redcat/exceed/acme/hsp anything where you can't easily find replacement parts

I'm sure others will have some other brands to go with and avoid

I agree red cat is good I have one of there mini crawlers and love it

I agree red cat is good I have one of there mini crawlers and love it
things start going iffy when you expose them to shocks and bumps on the faster nitro and electric models...

I understand this thread is a few months old but hey at least its not years old lol. So i just bought a redcat shockwave the other day and i am waiting on it to come in the nxt few days. Sure if i HAD more money or was ok with buying used or just wait and save i would find another buggy in nitro form to go with. I tend to go by people who have owned the rc i am looking in to not some KID who got there very first rc and base there issues do to oh redcat is trash do to this or that. Sure some parts look to be not up to par but there is better parts you can buy. The idea there is no aftermarket support is kinda half true. I see one issue with a rtr shockwave out of the box and that is the shock towers and that can be upgraded. I am sure when i have the shockwave in my hands i can find a few more areas that i will want or end up having to upgrade to parts braking . Keeping a open mind in this hobby imo is the most important thing you have to have. I have seen so many people leave the nitro game and go to electric. there reason is oh its easier and faster. I am not doubting the faster part but i LOVE this hobby for the challenge we face running nitro rc's. Its not easy but for me and i will keep it in the I, I love hobby grade rc's and sure some people say redcat is not hobby grade or its a step up from a walmart rc blah blah blah. All i can say is the 150 ish bucks i spent i could not get a New rc and like i said before buying used is not a option for me an i have many reasons why. I just hope the next person seeing this thread/post can put the time in to what ever there buying. Kit/rtr/electric/nitro just do ya home work and do not live an die by what I say, or people before me or come after me with there neg or even positive reviews. Keep a open mind is all i am saying an do ya home work .

I understand this thread is a few months old but hey at least its not years old lol. So i just bought a redcat shockwave the other day and i am waiting on it to come in the nxt few days. Sure if i HAD more money or was ok with buying used or just wait and save i would find another buggy in nitro form to go with. I tend to go by people who have owned the rc i am looking in to not some KID who got there very first rc and base there issues do to oh redcat is trash do to this or that. Sure some parts look to be not up to par but there is better parts you can buy. The idea there is no aftermarket support is kinda half true. I see one issue with a rtr shockwave out of the box and that is the shock towers and that can be upgraded. I am sure when i have the shockwave in my hands i can find a few more areas that i will want or end up having to upgrade to parts braking . Keeping a open mind in this hobby imo is the most important thing you have to have. I have seen so many people leave the nitro game and go to electric. there reason is oh its easier and faster. I am not doubting the faster part but i LOVE this hobby for the challenge we face running nitro rc's. Its not easy but for me and i will keep it in the I, I love hobby grade rc's and sure some people say redcat is not hobby grade or its a step up from a walmart rc blah blah blah. All i can say is the 150 ish bucks i spent i could not get a New rc and like i said before buying used is not a option for me an i have many reasons why. I just hope the next person seeing this thread/post can put the time in to what ever there buying. Kit/rtr/electric/nitro just do ya home work and do not live an die by what I say, or people before me or come after me with there neg or even positive reviews. Keep a open mind is all i am saying an do ya home work .
Actually there are NOT many better parts out for Redcat vehicles. That and a lack of a local supply of parts is why I have recommended against them for many years.