redcat rs10 cheap fixes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyb1977

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
yes I know these rigs are not that good but I'm want to see what i can do to make it better so far i have installed all metal gears and have just ordered 2X traxxas titan 380 18T motors to see if it will help this truck as well as a different set of tires to see if it will hook up better. I'll keep this updated with how it goes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I comped one out for a buddy of mine, theres a build thread on here for it... took alot and still sucked but with work it was alot better than stock. Glad to see you got metal gears.

I comped one out for a buddy of mine, theres a build thread on here for it... took alot and still sucked but with work it was alot better than stock. Glad to see you got metal gears.

well after installing the metal gears I found another weak point the plastic gears were not the problem be cause the exact same piece broke in the new metal set its the tiny pin that connects the output gear to the outdrive shaft but i fixed that with a piece of hardened steel hex wrench hat to use bolt cutters to cut it off short enough but has been way to rainy to test so just waiting

Get some metal geared hi torque servos and some tires and it'll be like a new truck.

Get some metal geared hi torque servos and some tires and it'll be like a new truck.

already has metal gears , hi torq metal servos and the new tires and motors are on thier way

Good! With those upgrades it should be a lot more fun to drive. I tried some banebots 390 can motors but was not impressed so I dropped some 540 can motors in there. Now power is never an issue, no more clod stallin'. Hopefully those 18t motors work out nice for you. What kind of tires do you plan on running?

Good! With those upgrades it should be a lot more fun to drive. I tried some banebots 390 can motors but was not impressed so I dropped some 540 can motors in there. Now power is never an issue, no more clod stallin'. Hopefully those 18t motors work out nice for you. What kind of tires do you plan on running?

proline hammer 2.2 tires and wheels

Back