Redcat earthquake 3.5 engine upgrade?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deuceknight

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey there, I have a redcat earthquake 3.5 and I would like more power. Any suggestion as what motor in the 200$ range would suit my need? Maybe dynamite big red .28? THanks a bunch!

I've got a Xtm 247 for my 1/8 buggy and it's a beast. They also have the 457 pro and both are big blocks and have mad torque. Top end your looking at about 40-50mph and they're starting from $160+ they are really easy to tune and they keep their tune.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm looking for more torque and top end speed, would you recommend .28 lrp or .28 big red? I don't want to take a chance putting bigger than .28 as i'm not sure the drivetrain would take the power.

I'm looking for more torque and top end speed, would you recommend .28 lrp or .28 big red? I don't want to take a chance putting bigger than .28 as i'm not sure the drivetrain would take the power.
I have an earthquake with the big red 28 and its insane definatly worth the time to install

Back