red...no... BLUE emaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jose.28

the friendly guy
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got an emaxx not long ago and I'm starting to notice it is ripping its self apart.
I mean every time i run it lightly something stupid happens.
So i want to do a slow build. Something that I'm not in a rush to complete.
I want to do an all red build like.
Red arms
Red knuckles
Red shocks ect...
But i dont want aluminum as i did a 100% aluminum thread and it seems like its not a good idea. Does anyone make solid red plastic or will i have to paint stock parts?
This truck will be ran but not a basher.

See if you can find the white RPM parts, you would be able to dye them to what ever color.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

See if you can find the white RPM parts, you would be able to dye them to what ever color.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I thought about that but dont know if ill end up with pink lol :hehe:

If they do end up pink, you can always dye them again. You dye from lighter to darker but not the other way around.

4008-hmm.jpg

Humm i will try this with a random rpm part that is white.
What dyi do i use?

I thought about that but dont know if ill end up with pink lol :hehe:

You just leave them in until they are the shade that you like. Rit dye is the most popular.

Once a i get the stuff i will post the result. Thanks guys

Integy parts have been known to shatter when the AC kicks on and the temp drops more than 4 degrees. :hehe:

Lol! I was going all rpm but i found out today at my lhs that they only make a few parts in white an some are not able to be dyed. I will have to mix..

On a good note i put a merv vxl on layaway with savings from not smoking (as much):D

So my emaxx went blue :(
CAM00323_zps377599a5.jpg

---------- Post added at 1:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:36 AM ----------

CAM00327_zpsf63a228d.jpg

---------- Post added at 1:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:37 AM ----------

CAM00328_zpsf3282ef3.jpg

So i was talking to the wife last night and i was telling her about how i wanted this emaxx all red. She ask why blue parts then? I said it would take me along time to buy all the parts as it appears I would have to buy half aluminum and half rpm. Too expensive and i dont do well with waiting.

Her reply was dont buy any more cars or trucks and lets fucos on a killer Christmas for the kids and ill let you buy what ever with tax money. $_$ so ill wait on that build! In the mean time i want to know what is a good brand for aluminum? I'm still gonna test the die as well.

Those are from http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/ I'd look over the web page. The first time I checked a lot of stuff was out of stock, but I had a look last week and they had a few items restocked. I even received an e-mail three nights ago tell me to check out the new high voltage - VBS edition chassis they're releasing.

What hooked me is the "Many of these individuals are straight out of the aerospace industry and are used to producing parts to aerospace standards." sentence on the home page.

$1,500.00 should get you a replacement rolling chassis from UE for your E-MAXX, but having it done in red might cost a bit more....not sure though

"not my rig, found on the Internet, I'm using it as inspiration"

Last edited:
"not my rig, found on the Internet, I'm using it as inspiration"
Lol dont you wish you had that rig?:D