red cat caldera, engine failure, help plz!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Cadereyta

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi, nitro rc runners!

i have a red cat caldera, but it have a problem that makes the engine shuts off after a little running (1-2 min aprox) and makes it hard to start again, i tried everything, glowplug, fuel tank, fuel line, eliminated fuel filter, cleaned carb and motor (inside and outside) , cleaned and during testing eliminated air filter, and it just dont work good, as it worked,

my question is whyyyy??????????????????

I'm really upset about this truck I've spent at least 2 weeks and just the problem its still there, i really dont know whats the matter with this,
but now I'm thinking, could it be the piston and sleeve? they look in good shape and they have good compression, but they are the only think that i have in mind to make that problem still there

i need help here I'm stuck, desperate, ansious, about to throw up a bomb on to the caldera, and barf on it, i really dont know what to do at this point

help pleasee!!!

most likely a tuning issue? How much fuel has been thru the engine?Was in broken in properly? Has the engine been sealed? i would put it back to factory settings and start over.

It will start fine when it is cold, but as it gets hot it shuts off. It sounds like the Piston/ sleeve are getting worn. To check the "pinch" of a sleeve, take out the glowplug and rotate the engine using the flywheel. Does it get harder to turn as the piston gets to the top of the stroke? If not, and it rotates freely all the way around, the pinch has relaxed and will need to be resized or replaced.

Probably the best way to avoid this problem is to make sure the piston is at bottom dead center after every run as it cools.

the engine its almost new, it has only 1 gallon and a half, and it was broken in in the store where i bought it, by seal, do you mean air leaks? no it hasnt, probably i would have to seal it with cooper gasket, for real cars, because i know that the high temp silicone, isnt good for rc models.

Back