Rebuilding Hyper .21

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvickj

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
Recently I cleaned off the dust on all of my old RC equipment and realized the engine for my HPI Savage was in a baggie all disassembled. Couldn't remember why until I started fiddling around with the bearings and realized they were pretty rough. Ordered some new bearings from Fast Eddy and getting ready to reinstall them but I have a question first.

For the rear engine bearing which side should be facing towards the rear? In the second picture I can't tell if this is some kind of shield that should also be removed before installing.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.57.16 AM.png
or
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.57.23 AM.png

Here is the exploded view of the engine.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.57.03 AM.png

I also have a replacement for the front engine bearing. Both sides were rubber sealed so I just removed one side with a pick and will put that in towards the rear.

Recently I cleaned off the dust on all of my old RC equipment and realized the engine for my HPI Savage was in a baggie all disassembled. Couldn't remember why until I started fiddling around with the bearings and realized they were pretty rough. Ordered some new bearings from Fast Eddy and getting ready to reinstall them but I have a question first.

For the rear engine bearing which side should be facing towards the rear? In the second picture I can't tell if this is some kind of shield that should also be removed before installing.

View attachment 134517 or View attachment 134518

Here is the exploded view of the engine.

View attachment 134519

I also have a replacement for the front engine bearing. Both sides were rubber sealed so I just removed one side with a pick and will put that in towards the rear.

The front bearing ,seal should be facing out ,open end should be facing in to allow oil to lube the bearing ,
the rear inner bearing should not have no seals at all ,if one side does have one ,then remove it ,that
is so the oil fuel can flow through it to keep lubed & cool!..:thumbs-up:

Mcvickj, damn bro, long time no see. I had to do a double take when I saw the name. Good to see you back.
Thanks. Good to see a familiar name. Been a long time but getting the itch to smell some burning nitro again. :)

Back