rebuilding a tmaxx tranny.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okihost

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Ok so I get this used and in pieces maxx off someone here, the thing is the tranny is out of it and in 100 little peices.

I am wondering if there is any better exploded view of the pdf you can get from traxxas.com of the tranny so I can try and figure out what I need and what I dont need.

My eyes are so bad I can barely see where the little lines go into so I am hoping there is a better pic somewhere or else its off to kinkos to get a nice 5'x3' blow up job done :)

Also one other (probably dumb) question is I noticed the tranny has a little plug in it which I would assume lets out some type of tranny fluid? My question is where do you buy this stuff and how to you know the correct one to use once it is put back in one peice (hopefully sometime this year)

thanks guys

Their are two plastic plugs in my transmission. They aren't for fuild. They are in the top of the tranny. They are actually so you can get a screwdriver in, and adjust the second gear shift.

I'm not sure but I think some peopemay put a very little bit of grease on the gears. Definetly no fluid tho..

As for the traxxas blow up, I have used the PDF file, I just blow it up with the magnifiying glass and work near my computer. Still not the greatest.

I sprayed all my gears down with a thin coat of white lithium grease.

As for the exploded view, not a clue man.

I did a lot of seaching several months bak and could not find a better illistration. I too would like to know if you do find one.