Rearranged the man cave and have questions about storage!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

battledonkey

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, all the trucks were taking up too much bench space so it was time to rearrange. I freed up a ton of bench space plus as far as I'm concerned it just looks cool.

I think we need a hobby room/work space/ man cave pic thread!

Anyways, how do all the gurus hang their nitros, if at all? I see a lot of opposing views about nose down or nose up. What does everyone think?

Here's some of the new setup. Forgive the Redcat. Everyone makes mistakes. :\ Excuse the mess too, still in the middle of re-organizing.
photo11_zpsa620c12b.jpg

photo2_zpsf640d5a8.jpg

And one of the whole man cave. The curtains are to *ATTEMPT* to keep the heat trapped in the main hang out when it's cold.
photo_zps68976a25.jpg

Thanks as always,

Doyle

I like the way you have it setup. For me I use a 7x3 basic party table for my work bench. Then I use one of those microwave/ kitchen appliance wire rack shelfs that holds 9 of my cars. Then I use my table to store my daughter's savage and my new short course. The baja gets it's own place via a fish tank stand. I'm in the process of getting another shelf but that's on hold right now. For my fluids I have a standard shelf that I use. For my fuel and fuel bottles they're stored in a box that insulated with a piece of carpet. For my tools and radios I have a craftsman 4 drawer tool box and then for small parts I have a kennedy machinists tool box. So yeah I'm a little too organized but it works for me.

I like the way you have it setup. For me I use a 7x3 basic party table for my work bench. Then I use one of those microwave/ kitchen appliance wire rack shelfs that holds 9 of my cars. Then I use my table to store my daughter's savage and my new short course. The baja gets it's own place via a fish tank stand. I'm in the process of getting another shelf but that's on hold right now. For my fluids I have a standard shelf that I use. For my fuel and fuel bottles they're stored in a box that insulated with a piece of carpet. For my tools and radios I have a craftsman 4 drawer tool box and then for small parts I have a kennedy machinists tool box. So yeah I'm a little too organized but it works for me.

Ya that's what it's all about for me. I just needed something that works. Plus I'm proud of them and it puts them on display. Like I said, I think a man-cave/workbench/hobby room sticky would be pretty cool so post some pics!

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

I was looking to keep them level like that Racer but I both didnt have enough long hangers and they felt pretty unstable.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

I'm just worried about negative repercussions from hanging them.

you can do like RACE 1966 did on the left or use a wooden board with dowels.
this way does not cost a lot

here is another way which I am sure you can bend them cheaper than this.

http://www.klingonrc.com/

I see a lot of people hanging them. Some argue nose up so any oil doesn't sit on the front bearing. Some argue nose down so any oil doesn't sit around the OWB or roto start. It seems like a matter of preference but I'm sure at some point a guru on here will have some valuable input. I'm not necessarily opposed to keeping them hanging as it looks good and leaves a lot of available room, I just wanna make sure I'm not signing up for unnecessary damage or heartache.

I'm a sucker for a drive in man cave, lol.....I like racer's rack setup, keeps zere preasure on the tires and shocks

I think they should be hung from a brass rod with a tab-top sheer waterfall valance as shown below...

DP1202201317094738M.tif

You WERE asking about the curtains, right?

Bahaha. My phone told me Rolex answered and I thought, "Sweet, I bet he has some good input on hanging my truck.", and I sign in and there's pictures of curtains. The disappointment was overridden by the comedy. Very good answer.

Doyle....great thread idea. I laughed at the RedCat comment (I owned an Exceed).

Below is mine as is. I'm too embarrass to show the rest it's so messy.
As for hanging, I've seen people argue both ways. I hang mine nose up and have no problems. I'm sure nose down will work as well.

[URL=http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/mylittlepony/media/Mess_zps02f62ae0.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag196/mylittlepony/Mess_zps02f62ae0.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks Nerd. I like your collection. And any space that let's you relax/get stuff done/enjoy your hobby is a good space no matter how big or how messy or whatever.

I loved toy grade RC as a kid. My favorite ever was a black Tyco Fast Traxx. I had a nitro I remember nothing about as a teen that I got in a trade and quickly sold. Now, at 29, and just since last Christmas I'm getting back into it and loving it.

2 things I like about how I have mine, 1 as mentioned there is no pressure on the tires/shocks and 2 it takes less space than vertically like the others shown.

Ya I may be looking into building a wall mounted area like yours Racer and using that side of the peg board for parts. Dunno yet.

Well, all the trucks were taking up too much bench space so it was time to rearrange. I freed up a ton of bench space plus as far as I'm concerned it just looks cool.

This is stupid but I did what I could do, I have hooks in my ceiling and I tie para-cord around the most suitable place either on the front or back of the RC car in two places and tie it up. I only put up electrics the nitros go on the shelves. Plus a book shelf plus and a half full closet, with half dead cars and all the extra parts. My fuel goes in the garage. For the little parts I have bins that are about an inch tall twelve inches wide (I am sure they have a name but it is not coming to me right now) with inch by inch cubes to put tiny little parts in them.

I think they should be hung from a brass rod with a tab-top sheer waterfall valance as shown below...

DP1202201317094738M.tif

You WERE asking about the curtains, right?

:hehe::hehe::hehe: That was perfect!! :hehe:

Last edited:
Doyle....great thread idea. I laughed at the RedCat comment (I owned an Exceed).

Below is mine as is. I'm too embarrass to show the rest it's so messy.
As for hanging, I've seen people argue both ways. I hang mine nose up and have no problems. I'm sure nose down will work as well.

[URL=http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/mylittlepony/media/Mess_zps02f62ae0.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag196/mylittlepony/Mess_zps02f62ae0.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Have you ever seen any negative results from hanging your trucks/cars like that or do you do anything specific to get them ready for it?

I keep mine on a wire rack just behind my work bench. The peg board in front of my workbench I use to store tools, parts, etc. I also have a small shelf next to the work bench I use to keep the transmitters, chargers, small parts bin, etc.

@robmob has a really nice setup and if I'm not mistaken stores his RC's similar to how @Racer 1966 is doing it as well.

I use to hang mine on the wall when I had room. I found no difference in which end was up (that debate will go on forever). I keep my pegboard dedicated for tools/parts now and keep the rc’s I’m not using in big plastic totes with their wheels off and all their associated parts sealed in gallon zip lock baggies.

You can’t see them in this pic but behind the studded wall on the right there are 20+ big totes with rc’s & parts.

DSC08194.gif

I hang mine like Racer dose but I use adjustable shelving.
GOPR0001_zpsb62d17e7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back