Rear Wheel is out?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbinOC

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Tried searching for transfer case wasn't even sure really what to search for. I broke something that drives the rear wheels the front wheels go normal the rear drive shaft doesn't even turn really I can roll the rear wheels and it'll turn. if I sin one tire the other turns the opposite way so I know the differential is OK. Is there a transfer case or is there a rear drive gear? I figured it was the transmission just hooked to a gear that both drive shafts connect too but it seems more complicated than that. Clearly by the name I'm a bit of a n00b so if this is a stupid question my apologies ahead of time.

What kind of rc you have? It sounds like something is broke in the transmission

First off Noob its hard for us to help you when we don't know what rig you have,lol

transmited from a mobile communications device

You probably lost or broke a screw shaft. Its part number 86094 on a savage. It screws into the drive cup coming out the back of your trans.

Savage XL with 5.9 my mistake. I might have to look up a picture of that part you may be right.

I had the same happen to me yesterday and it was the set screw going into the brake hub

As mentioned it would help if we knew what you were running RC wise. To me it sounds like you lost the grub screw to the rear drive shaft coming out of the transmission. When you spin your spur gear does it turn the drive shaft coming directly out of the tranny? Next check the drive shaft going into the rear diff....is it turning the input shaft to the diff? Have you recently taken off the rear tires and maybe forget to put the pin in the hex for one of the rear tires? Get us some more info and we will help you out

Savage XL 5.9 Nitro the rear dif is hooking fine, tires spin so I know the problem is in the center of the vehicle because the rear tires will turn the drive shaft. Just getting the power isn't getting to the drive shaft. I'll have to look up some pictures of that screw being talked about.

Roll that big dude over and look right by your brake disks. The hub or cup the disk ride on has a that screw shaft screwed through it. If there is just a hole, then you lost that screw. It takes an Allen wrench(2 or 2.5 mm I think).

I'll check it out when I get home tonight!! Thanks

yeah, screw is missing it looks like the same screw probably that goes to the front wheel driveshaft. I can't tell if there is some hole it goes all the way through or if it just sinches down on the drift shaft.

On the Savage it goes all the way thorugh. It is a tapered threaded peg. Be sure to use green or blue locktite when you put it back in this time. :p:

[SIGN]Happens to all of us![/SIGN]

LOL Thanks, just out of curiousity I bought my Savage brand new, and there is what looks like a great roll cage that covers the motor. But it does not make it back to the rear shock mounts I don't see anywhere tomout it on the motor side?

They send a roll cage for the savage x with the xl. So yeah its to short, Idk why they still do that. I bet if you call them they will send you the proper xl size cage.

Back