rear brake help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys, so installed my center diff and now working on my rear brake setup. I know how it goes and works, but the problem I have is the 2 screws that go through the calipers don't seem long enough. They r the ones that come with the kit and I know they can only go in just a little ways b4 the bottom out but I can only get just a couple threads in b4 its to tight. Is this normal, will it hold up? Just seems like it wouldn't take much for the screws to strip out the holes in the trans case and fall out. Any ideas on this matter?

You have to be careful not to use too long a screw as it will hit the cd, I got mine 2nd hand so I dont know 1st hand how long the screws are but when I rebuilt the trans last weekend I did them up a bit too tight and nothing would rotate and had to back them off a touch

No idea why there would be a front and rear set anyway. The front is what stops the truck since that's where the weight transfers to.

When you install a centre diff the front brakes only control the front wheels that is why a rear brake is needed

well the holes are not all the way through, they only go in a little ways b4 they bottom out into the trans case. But with the screws the send u probably get like 4 threads in b4 its to tight.

Mine go through the case, if I get a chance after work ill measure mine for you

When I raced the Revo with CD I had constant issues with the rear brake screws (both the caliper screws and the linkage screws) staying put.
I got tired of it and made a few modifications. I drilled through the housing and counter sunk it where the screws are. I inserted longer CS screws from the inside out and backed them with a nut and lock tite to keep them in place. I sleeved the caliper screws so the calipers would slide smoothly and then used nylock nuts for the brake adjustment of the calipers, and made a custom aluminum cover plate for the linkage rod and used nylocks to hold it in place... Problem solved.

sounds like a plan!! I got out on the track with it sunday with cd rear brake setup and swaybar kit. Way different handeling characteristics but for the better. I was able to hug the inside birm in turn 2 like never b4! Just was real worried about the caliper screws falling out, but they didn't for one day. Deffinitely gonna tear it back out and do that as u mentioned. Thanks a ton, Again!

Hmm dont know what happened to my post, I measured the screws they're 3×15 cap heads if that helps
Once again snook you are a genius