RealFlight 9

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I bought RealFlight 9 because I ran out of projects with my RC vehicles so I needed something to keep me busy while I am stuck indoors. Very cool tool to learn how to fly but I can't line up the runways for my landings for nothing. I'm sure I'll have lots of time to practice. I want to scratch build a plane also while stuck inside. I've tried flying one time and it went straight up and straight down...:( I'll be ready next time....

You might want to start with just an open grass field till you get the feel for it. When you pick a runway stand closer to the edge of it.
Yes, I am going to buy a trainer park model RTF. I will work up to the big plane eventually. Correction, I get ya now, the simulator will take some time for sure...

You can change where you stand and how you see the plane. Real Flight is an incredible sim. After sweating with shaking knees at the field while learning to hover a 55" nitro heli, I bought the RF 5 sim on the way home. I spent 10 hours a day for the next 2 days teaching myself how to hover, fly, counter rotate with engine out and fly upside down. I wrecked hundreds of times and it never cost a cent.

I didn't realize I can change where I stand, I'll have to check that out.

Thanks Rolex, its a learning process...:)

I've actually gotten pretty decent with it. Last night I accidentally landed one on top of a building and stayed nose first straight up and down. No pro pilot that I know of can pull that off.... :D I would have posted a pic but my pilot skills far exceed my photography skills.....:p

Last edited:
You might want to start with just an open grass field till you get the feel for it. When you pick a runway stand closer to the edge of it.
Can you tell me how to change how I see the aircraft?

To access Camera Views, other than Fixed, (standing on the ground) you need to be in a 3D field.
Photo Fields only allow the one Fixed Ground View.

Besides the F1, F2, etc, keys, for changing to a Specific Camera View, you can Toggle the "C" Keyboard Key, to go through, Each available Camera View, one at a time.

Thanks @Rolex.. Got it.. So alternate cam views are not available at all airports, correct? although that's not a problem. & where I stand, how close etc is controlled by those keys also? No dice on the "keyboard letter C" scrolling for different views, didn't want to work for me..

Finally, I'm trying to access "supporting member" so I can list in classified etc.. Is that still available?
I've got a Carl Goldberg Eagle 63 "builder's project" kit I want to list? (looks like I might just done that) lol..
it would require leading edge spars, & fabricating a few missing wing ribs, also no hardware kit included, but I have all the part numbers for everything required & available from Tower....

I'll see if I can load a couple pic's of two Eagle 63's I recently built.. not even flown em yet...
Thanks for your help too..

Since you're a supporting member, just post the kit in our classified forum. Only threads that do not meet the forum rules are removed or unable to post.
If you're having a problem, let a staff member know by PM.

Have you got the instruction manual for RealFlight? That might give you any updated info in case things have been changed from the version I have. If I remember correctly, it might also be the arrow keys that bring you closer or farther out from where you see your plane.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/RFL1100_RFL1101-Manual-EN.pdf

Thanks for the link & Thank You for your military service..