RE: SportWerks Mayhem or Turmoil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badsneaker

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anybody out there have any experience with this buggy? My LHS (all they do is R/C, no trains or puzzles) says to go with this.

The mayhem is a great buggy, it can be tough to find parts for though. If your lhs carries parts for it then It might be a good idea. It also comes with a good radio.

Seems like a Mahyem revamped and they added the Spektrum radio to make the RTR more appealing. Also the 26 is a Version2. Looks like it could be a competitor.

Yeah my LHS stocks them along with spares and hop-ups, he says he doesn't carry OFNA (which I was/am considering) because he says anything they make under 400 will be a PITA with getting parts, no parts diagrams come with them or anything. The Sportwerks is more than I want to spend, but I can benefit from good support and easy to get parts, I'll spend the extra money.

Candyman has one of those mayhems. You might want to send him a pm or wait for him to chime in on this.

Candyman has one? Great maybe he will see tis post and let me know how he likes it.

because he says anything they make under 400 will be a PITA with getting parts, no parts diagrams come with them or anything

Ah, I'd argue this one with your LHS! I got a Hyper 7 manual from Zandor and the thing was full of exploded views! Getting parts isn't a hassle, either, and besides, they're tough as nails!

I'm not implying they're any better than the Mayhem, merely that the statement they don't come with parts diagrams and the like isn't 100% true. I will say Ofna's web site could use a little work, but if you're patient enough, you can find what you need on it.

I hear you MW, I just don't want to lay down the cash and be disappointed later. They have a Mayhem on display at the LHS, and it looks real nice. I want a buggy that I can have local support on too, and this may end up being a deciding factor. If I can walk into my LHS and say "I need this part for my ______ and he pulls it off the shelf, thats comforting. I'm going to my local track tomorrow to watch some racing, and maybe I will talk to a few guys up there too.

Back