RCNitroTalk Account Security

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
With the recent hacking of LinkedIn, compromising 6.5 million accounts now would be a good time to ensure your RCNT account is secure as well as other online services.

If you use the same password on LinkedIn as you do for RCNitroTalk (or for anything else) you should change that password immediately on ALL websites which you use it.

If you want to check if your LinkedIn password is one that has been stolen, you can use this page from LastPass.

Even if your password has not been compromised, I strongly suggest you change your RCNitroTalk and other online services passwords frequently and make sure they are complicated and hard to hack.

Thanks for reading. :)

-Michael

Ok I'll be the dummy. What is linkedIn? Is it a website or is it a service? Just wondering if its something I use and dont realize it...

I've heard of it, but not used it. I'm pretty sure you have to sign up for it. If not, then I'm just as in the dark about it as you.

Oh wow thats a big number. I have used the same 2 passwords for the past like 7 years lol :hehe:

Think of LinkedIn as the facebook for business-oriented people. People use to to post their work experience, the accomplishments, grow their professional network and the such.

The moral of the entire story isn't do you use LinkedIn or not, it's that you make sure to change your passwords on a regular basis.

Oh wow thats a big number. I have used the same 2 passwords for the past like 7 years lol :hehe:

And that's exactly what hack attacks like these are so serious. To many people are to lazy to NOT re-use the same password over and over, further people rarely change their passwords.

So when sites like LinkedIn, Gawker, or eharmony get hacked many people think "oh well who cares" when in fact hackers know that most people are lazy, hackers know that people tend to use the same email address and just like in your case HPI-Killer, also the same password for other sites.

LinkedIn-Password-Hack-600x380.jpg

Using and creating strong passwords is extremely easy and very easy to remember. No reason not to use strong passwords and different passwords for each site.

yeah, i use it regually for work and its a great networking tool. when i logged in today, they forced everyone to change their password....

Back