RC10GT Pullstart

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Hello. I have a RC10GT that I got for real cheap in a trade, however the pullstart is not recoiling back. I took it apart to find the spring was cracked, so I rebent it and it seemed to work good, but after a few pulls the spring broke again. And again. And for a fourth time. Does anyone know a replacement pullstart or a compatible one, or just a spring replacement? Mine has the HPI Nitro Star pullstart.

what is the engine you are working with? pullstart compatibility is determined by the engine, doesn't really matter the chassis they are on unless the chassis isnt pullstart compatible.
i am sorry i do not, i was helping a friend rebuild a RC10gt recently he opted for a Sullivan Tiger drive, he loves it.

what is the engine you are working with? pullstart compatibility is determined by the engine, doesn't really matter the chassis they are on unless the chassis isnt pullstart compatible.
i am sorry i do not, i was helping a friend rebuild a RC10gt recently he opted for a Sullivan Tiger drive, he loves it.
This one is the AE 15.

You can't just bend the spring while the metal is cold ,it has to be heated to bend it with out it cracking!

If the end of it broke at where it goes into the slot ,can be repaired ,if it snapped in the middle of the spring,
it is not repairable!

interesting, didnt know that HPI pullstart would match up to the AE/TT engine, if you can determine the HPI pullstart what its from, might be able to get a parts exploded view, and get a part number and plug that into ebay.
would like to know what HPI pullstart they had fitted on there, if you get a chance should post a picture.
barring that Sullivan Tiger Drive S702 (external one way bearing), or S704 (internal OWB) would be an alternate route, part number depending on what version of the AE .15 you have.
old version (typically on the tub chassis), has an internal one way bearing. new version has an external one way bearing.

Ok. So I got the HPI pullstart to work. I just took a spring out of my old 457 spare pullstart. And it works like a charm. Lol, when I took out the old spring from the HPI, it was cracked into like 15 pieces.

Back