Rc10gt engine help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RamP

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got an Rc10 recently and am having trouble getting it going. The car wont fire unless I put some nitro directly into the carb. And then it only burn off the nitro in there and stalls. The gas does not seem to be "sucking" from the tank. Has anyone experienced this and would a new gas tank be a possible solution? Also is there a good link to a tutorial on carb cleaning?
Thanks
Rich

Check the tank cap and fuel lines first. Read the sticky at the top of the nitro forum on engine sealing. All the info ya need there.

Make sure your idle is turned up and you have a 1mm gap on the carb. You may also have a small pin hole in one of the fuel lines.

Ok so here's what I did. I competly took the carb apart, removed all rubber, and soaked it in carb cleaner. Replaced all fuel lines. Now gas gets to the carb VERY slowly. It took 30 pulls with my finger on the exhaust to get it there. Fuel lid seems to seal tightly but the gas is getting to the Feb so slow the engine won't stay running. Stalls after the fuel I dump in is burned up. I have a new tank coming so let's Hope that's it. .any suggestions?
2011-12-03_16-30-22_294.jpg

I got it!! Took the carb apart gain and, using a plastic brush, cleaned out every needle that gas travels through. I felt the blockage give way in the needle valve under the high speed mixture fitting. Put it together and the car fires right up!! Purrs like a kitten. Now I have to wait for the spur gear I ordered to arrive before I can run it.

Back