rc10gt battery box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egavas

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anyone know of an aftermarket battery holder like the battery box on an hpi rush, or a way to mod it to work on an rc10gt I tried to search it but no luck.

There was a thread posted recently about the battery placment on the RC10GT... i don't know exactly where, but after you read this you might wanna runa a search for it here on RCNT.

RPM makes a battery box for the RC10GT that fits on the side of the gastank between the shoulder arm thingie and the spur gear. IMO it is better to just mount your pack on the front or rear of the truck and zip-tie or double sided tape your reciver to the chassis, but the box is available. I don't have an exact part number from tower or anything.

battery box

I'm looking for a more secure , dirtproof box like the one on the rush. I don't necessarily want to change the location of the battery. I think losi also makes something similar to the rush box. Has anyone tried to mount anyone of these on an rc10 gt?

mine sets in the rear bumper just fine.. i got to big zip ties holding it in, and have never had a prob with it comming loose.. seen here in this pic
DSC00817.jpg

well kinda.. the purple thing in the rear is the battery, a hump style pack fits in there nicely (i have a bit of foam rubber to make it a snug fit)

Also seen in the pic is RPM's radio box, they also make one that will hold the battery and RX tho.

The box will really jackup your CG tho. If you plan on jumping this thing at all it will fly all weird.

battery box

Checked Rpm's site.no product that is made to hold battery.

I think RushRC mentioned maybe a Jato battery box might fit....? Anyone got a Jato?

If you really look at the picture Beason posted you will have your answer. If you are going to try and stick a radio box on it I would seriously reconsider placing the battery elsewhere. You are going to jack up the CG and have this big, heavy box sitting one one side making it impossible (almost) to get the body on. Don't get me wrong, It's your truck and all but seriously, the battery is really better off tucked away somewhere safe and easily accesablewith the body still on the model.

Tweak said:
If you really look at the picture Beason posted you will have your answer. If you are going to try and stick a radio box on it I would seriously reconsider placing the battery elsewhere. You are going to jack up the CG and have this big, heavy box sitting one one side making it impossible (almost) to get the body on. Don't get me wrong, It's your truck and all but seriously, the battery is really better off tucked away somewhere safe and easily accesablewith the body still on the model.

What are you talking about, dude? The rx box adds no noticable weight, unless you are weighing it on a scale or something... I would personally stick the battery on the steering servo. It will give you more weight in the front (more steering and control, and in my case, less wheelies).

You have the big .21 on your RC10GT right? And let me guess. Everytime the model leaves the ground it rolls alsmot completely to the engine side, if not just tipping entirely. Mine does the same thing. When he adds the radio box it will do exactly the same thing. No, the box weighs close to nothing. Throw in a hump pack and reciever and that is virtually all your electronics, in a box, not even centered. i had one of these on my RC10GT before the motor switch and it listed while sitting on the shelf man.

Picture004.gif

I have the battery pack on the front shock tower. works great, it is just a 4 cell AA pack but I also put a hump pack on and it is even smaller and fits nicley up front. it does not come loose of fall off or change the CG very much.

Back