RC Workspace Makeover

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've not been happy with my RC work area for sometime now. Enough so that I hated to go in there. Too much clutter and not enough worktop space. A few weeks ago I decided to make a change.

My work area is in part of a 14'x24' workshop that is also used for storage and a workout area.

This is what I started with.
DSC03502_zpsf27e51e6.jpg

DSC03503_zps853e382d.jpg

First order of business was to cover the walls with some 1/2" OSB then I wanted to breakdown the gorilla racks to make 4 worktops. With some rearranging and some shelving, I was able to create a space I am now happy with without really getting rid of anything.
DSC03504_zps4c6686b6.jpg

DSC03505_zpsf200bbb3.jpg

DSC03506_zps4b8a14e2.jpg

DSC03507_zpsb244f31d.jpg

DSC03508_zps4dff899b.jpg

DSC03509_zps2e86c0bc.jpg

DSC03510_zpsb72f8456.jpg

DSC03511_zps59d1dbb5.jpg

DSC03512_zpsc917e320.jpg

DSC03513_zpsd23e4129.jpg

Shelf unit that has been with me since I was born. Thing is fugly but rock solid. They don't make them like this anymore.
DSC03514_zps06eb2c76.jpg

A couple of shots of the rest of the workshop. I'm always selling stuff on feebay so I need empty boxes and packing supplies.
DSC03515_zps3647dcb2.jpg

DSC03516_zps9bced238.jpg

I can finally finish up my SCX10 project so I can move on to my next project. Can anybody spot what my next build will be?

Rob your setup is TRULY awesome. Looks alot better now for sure. If there was a "king of rc" award here you would easily own it. Such cool stuff. Your like the 40 year old virgin minus the fact you have kids :hehe:

Very cool and always impressed with you stuff.

Always nice to see a tidy workplace. When you coming to clean up mine?

I was thinking "thank god my RC room wasn't the only one in a mess, with stuff every where" but then you cleaned up and organized.

looking good.

Wow man! pretty seroius rc shop looks real nice good job

I caught a glimpse of a Der Red Max on one of your shelves.

Looking good, I need some small parts bins myself but my next project is to build a second bench and add more overhead shelving.

What are you storing in the Sentry lock box?

I caught a glimpse of a Der Red Max on one of your shelves.

Yep. Mars Snooper up there as well.

---------- Post added at 8:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:07 PM ----------

Looking good, I need some small parts bins myself but my next project is to build a second bench and add more overhead shelving.

What are you storing in the Sentry lock box?

Lipo batts.

I figured that's what you had in it. I store mine in an old army ammo box at the moment, but just picked up a Meilink safe that I'm not sure what to do with so might just become my lipo storage container. haha

Nice workspace, My son and I built up a corner in my garage and that is my "cave" I have my computer a tv and all my toys on shelves made from 5/8 plywood as is my computer desk.... I have way too much stuff in a small area but it works for just me and the toys :D

Looks like your next project may be a wine rack :)

Wine racks already have a spot in the house.

Nice set up! My work space is starting to feel the same way to me but I have to be able to get a bigger place before I can do anything about it o_O

I want a kegerator that pours mountain dew! or how about a Jagerator?!

Back