RC in Movies and on TV

• Thread starter Penguin Fart Racing
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin Fart Racing

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
With the pervasiveness of Media in out everyday lives, RC / RPVS were bound to show up in Movies and on TV shows? There was a movie akin to HOME ALONE that had an RC Junkie Kid going up against some bad guys. Then there is a DIRTY HARRY ( Clint Eastwood ) movie and one episode of the British TV crime show MIDSOMER MURDERS that had an RC ground vehicle that carried a bomb. Anyone out there know of any others ? Thank you :)

Think it was The Manhattan Project that had one. Mythbusters had alot of radio controlled stuff too, dont really remember any specific one of the one kid was big into the rc robot fighting deals whatever thats called.

The Masked Singer had an RC rock crawler drive out on the judges desks to collect their guesses for who was behind the mask.

Ocean's Eleven had a nitro RC truck racing a real truck that looked just like it. Unfortunately, the real comedic moment in that scene was when the 1:1 truck ran over the RC.

There is a really cool Volkswagen RC that is used at the beginning of some soccer games.

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May fly a home built hexacopter with a gimble mounted camera over a river in The Grand Tour.

There have been RC's in lots of tv and movie productions. I can think of at least a dozen more, but my finger hurts 😜

oh yeah haha I forgot Oceans Eleven. Always liked it when it did a burn out.

Always liked that Progressive Insurance TV commercial where the guy is holding up a sign in front of the hobby shop in NJ. Very subtle reference to RC.

I will never forget the punky Brewster episode where she races her frog(or grasshopper?) against other classic tamiya cars on a backyard track (season 2, girls will be boys). This is part of what got me hooked on rc when I was a kid. Also there was a show called "the wizard" around the same time that had that dwarf guy that would build rc stuff. I wonder if rc cars will ever be as popular as they were in the eighties.

In the movie Small Soldiers, I want to say stampedes or a stampede and emaxx was used

I have always thought it would be fun to build a Tamiya or older RC10 buggy to look like RC ftom Toy Story 😉
I been tempted to building the Bandit into one. Everytime I add a body and paint, it makes me rethink. I think this year Ill go through with it.

In the movie Small Soldiers, I want to say stampedes or a stampede and emaxx was used

I been tempted to building the Bandit into one. Everytime I add a body and paint, it makes me rethink. I think this year Ill go through with it.
That is a great car to base one on actually!

Back