RC completly remote control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben123324

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i just got a crazy idea. if you put a mini live feed vid camera on ur car, then sit down on the couch with the feed streamed to ur tv, couldnt u race with a whole new point of view? another advantage would be that seeing it from that angle you dont have to bother with reverse steering when the car is coming towards you. i have had this idea a while, but havent had the time to test it. anyone wanna try? if someone does let me know how it works:)
-ben

I've seen on youtube ppl have put cameras on their RC's..
Its pretty cool..
But I've never seen some1 race with it on

yea it would be pretty cool tho to have a huge hd tv showing a race u control!

I have a camera, and mounted it on a couple of my rides, It takes some getting used to, but its fun for a little while. The wireless feed was getting distorted by the RC radio, so the picture wasn't very good.

Amateur Radio guys that are also model airplane enthusiasts have been doing this for years. Legally one MUST be a licensed HAM to do what you are contemplating. Also, doing it this way (it's called Slow Scan TV) means no crossing of signals that Blake describes.

I have tried it but its extremely hard to control you have to see the car to get a feel on driving it. IMO

the main problem I've found eith doing this is that video cameras just can't focus fast enough. i have a mini dv camera that i bought specially for my rc car, but because its so close to the ground its as blurry as hell cos it just wants to try to focus on the road, so it creates a lot of problems there to start with.

also, price? all the gadgets required to do that would be expensive!