Rb 523 tm,os .18 tz, picco .26 max, picco .26 jl red dot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWILSON9879

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Any suggestions on this motor thumbs up or down.i really want others opinons on these motors before i fork out the mo ney for nothing.as far as performance,reliability,maintence,tuning what does everyone think?honestly

I have not fired up the 523 yet.The Picco Max was a bugger to break in but was a reliable,strong engine.If I was purchasing one I would go for the Red Dot over the older version(why not for the extra $20.00).A friend at the track runs the TZ and that thing sings a sweet song.I am going to try a Big block .21 next.

I have not fired up the 523 yet.The Picco Max was a bugger to break in but was a reliable,strong engine.If I was purchasing one I would go for the Red Dot over the older version(why not for the extra $20.00).A friend at the track runs the TZ and that thing sings a sweet song.I am going to try a Big block .21 next.
Why was it hard for you to break in? I just did mine w/o any problems...just wondering

I still had the easy start on there and the pinch was so tight I fried 2 starters before it was over.I then put a roto start on and it was much better.I had to loosen the glow plug just to turn the engine over.

I still had the easy start on there and the pinch was so tight I fried 2 starters before it was over.I then put a roto start on and it was much better.I had to loosen the glow plug just to turn the engine over.
WoW my Ez start spun it with ease.....wierd.....:\

picco 26

Any suggestions on this motor thumbs up or down.i really want others opinons on these motors before i fork out the mo ney for nothing.as far as performance,reliability,maintence,tuning what does everyone think?honestly
:)Well I just finished breakin in and :first_place: and WOW easy with ez and no problems cept it flies...should have done this long time ago.........:D

Does the 3.3 have enough power or is it undersized for the car??

The 3.3 has decent power. One of my Revos is a 3.3 and the other is a RB523TM. Both are fairly strong. My T-Maxx has a Picco Max .26 and I actually like it over the RB.