Range problems Please HELP!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Fisher

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a XXXN-T AD truck that I purchased used. I installed a JR R125 rx to go with my JR XR2I Tx. The problem is ; my range is only about 10 feet.
Have checked all the usual suspects ie. nicked wire,low batteries,etc.
I've even swapped the rx out to another vehicle and everything worked.
Any ideas , help is sorely needed and greatly appreciated. :confused: :thankyou:

Check to make sure that both rx and tx are on the same frequence. I.E. 75h FM or 75h AM.

metal parts rubbing together on the car will cause interference...especially w/ AM radios....I've had that same issue w/ T-maxxes.....try finding any parts like that and insulate the metals from each other....make sure ALL screws are tightened, they can vibrate loose in places and cause this too.....if all else fails try placing a thin cardboard, like a peice of matchbook or REALLLLLLY THIN wood veneer, between th eengine and the mount....that's a good trick to do if your having tuning issues due to rapid temp drops as well......if you still have issues try swapping servos w/ some cheapy ones for a quick test to make sure they arent causing the issue......and yes you need to set them up and run the buggy not just test them on the rx....the vibrations from running may be exciting the bad part and causing the issue.....you can also set the car down while it's off and walk 50ft or so away and test the electronics...that's probably the first thing to check.....then you know if the issue is from vibrations or if the electronics are just bad....

Problem solved,received the wrong rx from lhs.