Rally Game

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Nerd

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Last night my son and I went to some SC races and I was talking to a guy with a Rally car. I asked him where he drives it and he said 'mainly just on the street', which really confused me...but hey.

I've always been somewhat interested that rally game, but not so much from the electric stand-point. It seems like disciplined bashing. Does anyone have these competitions in your area or have tried it? My son like to make up our own little rally courses when we get bored...but kind of hard with a buggy/truggy (the Savage might be fun though). I think rally cars would be fun to build and learn about the characteristics in what makes them succeed. i.e. I'd want to run it on the street, AN D [insert anything here].

This morning I started looking more about rally cars, I came across two pretty cool vids.

I like what this guy is doing...just designing his own little courses. Pretty cool.

However, I've always heard they are not very fast. So I started looking around to see what I could learn about nitro and rally cars/engines. Of course I see this (sorry Neal!). But that is too funny!

Take that engine and put it in the car from the first video and that is sick fun! Or...take that engine and put it anything and it would wicked nasty fun.

I love bashing...but it gets old just driving 'wherever', so this seems like something I'd like to get in to. I know it's been around for a while but would like to learn more from those who have rally cars. Plus no matter what I'm doing in RC...I like to go fast, so will probably suck at it, but I'll suck at it while having fun...I know that. ;-)

Neal---if you post a video of that torque mod for it, it would be funny to put it in an MT. It's always fun to watch a lil ol' .21 engine throw a big bad, monster truck around 'like a rag doll'.:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I could never figure out what the Rally Game competitions were about until I came across this video. These races are insane.
It's not only a driving skill challenge but a cardio challenge as well. What a blast this would be.:whhooo:
Unfortunately, I live in the thick of the suburbs and land is at a premium so I know nothing like this exists in my area.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like so much fun!

Last edited:
it looks a little more challenging that street track racing, coordinating not just the remote, but your body. awesome!

Yeah, it's an RC workout. ;-) The beauty is you make your own track. The idea however is to be disciplined.

For all you 'pro bashers' out there, build yourself the simplest of courses and see how well you do. You don't have to tell anyone the results. ;-) Parking lot races are one thing, going off-road with bumps and jumps and chicanes, etc. etc. You'll find out real quickly what sort of driving skill you have...and more importantly how your car needs improvement.

Perfect example: My Hyper 7. I've been doing an uber-rebuild on it. As a basher, man that thing is INSANE. My son was popping off at the mouth how he liked it better than his Losi 8ight, etc. We put it on our track and I swear to God he came down off the drivers stand after three laps and said 'eff this'. Ha ha. (We'd just not set it up for the conditions). Doesn't matter if you are racing or bashing...a setup for the specific terrain is the most important thing for your vehicle.

Well said, Nerd :thumbup:
I'm thinking 1/10 scale might be the best route to go for competitive racing like this.

I have a 1/8 scale nitro buggy converted I to a rally car and its frickin huge. The body is 12" wide, 21" long and 7" tall at it's highest peak.

It probably would'nt clear some of the tight radius turns involved with these tracks. I'd have to find a track (or make one) specifically for 1/8 scale.

I have a AE NTC3 onroad car that I converted into a full blown rally car and it is such a blast to drive!! Preforms on any offroad area with debris no bigger than a gumball and has similar capabilities of a sct amd almost 1/2 of a scts gc. Wouldnt buy anything belt driven or 2wd.. I am actually considering selling my rally car just because it hardly gets driven before my MGT or SCX10