Radio problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertg1104

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
First off, thanks to everyone who helped with my first thread (trouble starting), my truck is running now!!!!! Now my ol' lady and 4 yr old who thinks I can do and fix anything are starting to come around on my choice to get a nitro rc. Now I have radio problems..... When the truck gets 2-3 feet from me the truck stops responding. I have drove it a total of 5 minutes and already have a fresh dog turd mashed into my tire and crashed into my patio furniture. Good thing I'm only running it in the backyard or I would be chasing it down the street. So I replaced all the batteries and same result.Anyone have any ideas on my newest problem?

First, have your wife remove the turd from the tire.
Check all your connections from the battery box to the receiver. Make sure both servos move smoothly. Keep walking away while working the controls (car NOT running) and see how far you get before they stop.
Check your antenna wire for breaks.

Is it new or used?

Look at your antenna wire for a break or frays. Also check the battery wires for the same. Any kinks in the antenna tube? Is your radio antenna all there and straight and tight? Stuff like that.:)

To remove the dog turd get a pair of latex gloves, your glowplug wrench, and old screwdriver and a bucket of soapy water. Put on the gloves, take the glowplug wrench and remove the wheel. Use the old screwdriver to scrape off the heavy fecal matter, and then soak in soapy water for a little while, and then scrub the rest off. :D

[SIGN]Dont bite your fingernails[/SIGN]

To remove the dog turd get a pair of latex gloves, your glowplug wrench, and old screwdriver and a bucket of soapy water. Put on the gloves, take the glowplug wrench and remove the wheel. Use the old screwdriver to scrape off the heavy fecal matter, and then soak in soapy water for a little while, and then scrub the rest off. :D

[SIGN]Dont bite your fingernails[/SIGN]

LMAO! There's the important info you need. :hehe:

Rolex, I love your idea but......She is already iffy on my new hobby. She goes to the store to get my beer, brings me a beer when I ask nicely, I think that if i ask her to scrape dog s@#t off my tire i could ruin a lot of benefits i have!!!! Thanks for the idea...Does your wife clean your tires of turds???? Maybe I'm doin something wrong!! Steel City, thanks for the official turd tire removal instructional guide.....I have since slid the truck in the grass to remove the bulk of the rancid,still steamy,I assume still warm,cookie dough textured turd.At this time i am a little more concerned with the radio issue.Granted, turd removal is an important means of survival in the rc sport, I must tackle one problem at a time! I have tomorrow off so I will trouble shoot all the ideas in the morning......Maybe not ALL (turd) ideas....Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

A great upgrade is a 2.4 ghz radio system. If you pick up a quality one, you can run many vehicles off of the one radio. Just have to pick up receivers as you need them. The Traxxas link goes for around $100. Endless range, no glitching, no bulky antennas. On a budget, you can pick up a receiver for your current radio for $10-15 on ebay. I've never had or heard of a radio failing.

I removed the receiver cover and noticed the antenna is not attached to the receiver. Can this be soldered back on or do I need to buy another receiver? Also 3 inches from the end of the antenna, the outer cover has separated by about an 1/8th inch,exposing the silver wires and a couple of the silver wires are broke.

No turds on MY tires. I just get my shelves dusted as needed.

How many men does it take to open a beer?

NONE! It should be open by the time she brings it! :D

Solder the wire back on the board. That's the problem. Insulate the stripped part. That should get you back and running.

while tuning my truck (thanks to rolex n metalheadmatt) it took off on me and smashed into a curb broke entire front end... butttt neone kno why other than that ....bad abtteries which I'm thinkin or it was reciever problems since i am running the receiver off a electric rustler from the old days

You have to do a range check before letting a nitro truck fly. Now you know why.;)