racers edge filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone use them or have? I just got a large one for $3.00 through eBay that was new in package. I read one person from another forum say not to use them but he just said do not use them and that was it . I tend to think it will be fine i looked it over and it looks the same then any one i might of used in the past.

What filter? Air or fuel filter?

For fuel I personally prefer to use Dynamite Big Daddy filters (part #: DYN2026, DYN2027, DYN2025). For air filters I use either HPI high performance filters or Motor Saver.

+1 for woodies advice, I've always used motor saver air filters and the dynamite fuel filter, tried and true combo there

+ another 1 LOL! Motor saver filter's are the best I have ever used. The big daddy filter are also good to.

What filter? Air or fuel filter?

For fuel I personally prefer to use Dynamite Big Daddy filters (part #: DYN2026, DYN2027, DYN2025). For air filters I use either HPI high performance filters or Motor Saver.

I am sorry it is the fuel filter, i to have used the Big daddy and they seem to be what everyone likes. I used the Motor savers in the past and that is my next order. I just want to make sure i get the right one i think i need the 10 mm angle i think my lhs has them. Anyways you know anything about the Racer's edge fuel filter? I mean it looks ok and i checked the seal it is ok , it is kinda big but i think i can make it work.

+1 for woodies advice, I've always used motor saver air filters and the dynamite fuel filter, tried and true combo there

I have run that as well, i just did a search and came across the one i got and i said wtf let me get it. I went over it and i really never heard of anyone using these. I wonder if there was a issue maybe ?

+ another 1 LOL! Motor saver filter's are the best I have ever used. The big daddy filter are also good to.

I am going for the Motor saver my self. I have used them in the past imo there the best you can get. In the case of you get what you pay for you do with them. I have never had one fall off and the 10mm angle one is the one i am after. I think i will go to my lhs , i know where i use to live they would open the package and find one that fit. I hope my lhs where i live now will work with me. 12-17.00 is what i use to pay. I think i paid one time 10.00 but that might of been based on i spent well over 500.00 in store..

@1mtx1 - I haven't used the Racers Edge fuel filter myself nor do I recall seeing anyone here giving any reasons as to why they might be bad. Typically though the issues people would have problems with a fuel filter is if the seal isn't very good allowing fuel to leak, debris to enter, or air bubbles to enter the line.

I say give it a shot, run it for a bit and let us know what you think of it!

The first thing i did was look at the seal, i sent the seller a question asking if the seal was ok. The package was a tad beat up but it was still unused. For 3.00 to my door i think i did well, i hate to take a chance ya know i was thinking i should put it on after the brake in just in case there is a issue. I might go over it again to check the seal. I saw no cracks and i might poor a tad fuel on the outer part and see if it can get in side. Does that make sense?

Back