Racer Nitro Ruslter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxas Maxx

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What would i need for a Racer Rustler??

Put simply you would need Traxxas to actually give a crap about race support for there vehicles. I am afraid that there is little chance of that happening along with a rustler actually being compedative becuase there simply is no racing support for ti from TRX or the after market. Personally I would say don't even invest your money in a Ruslter as far as racing. Just by a Losi or asssociated and use the Rustler to bash with. X

X is pretty much right you would need traxxas to care about racing .. they can be turned into racers it has been done not sure what all people did for it but I've read about it ..

I use my rustler as stated for bashing basicaly if i was to race i think i would grab a xxx-nt adam drake truck come with just about everything you need

Rob:banana:

actaully there are lots of things you can do to the rusty to make it competitive. check out:

www.powerlineracing.com

go to hop-ups section then click traxxas then rustler they have tons of stuff you can add to make it stronger and more raceable.

but i do agree with you guys. if you dont want to spend lots of money on parts to race then get a AE or losi they are race ready out of the box.

yeah but traxxas still doesn't care whether you race it or not

I was just saying that if you did want to race a rustler there are many things you can do to it. But traxxas isnt a racing team like losi or Ae so they wouldnt care.

OK I let the aluminum thing slide cause I didn't want to go there but just because one company makes some aluminum a-arms and an aluminum shock mount does not mean the rustler can be raced with those components. You could waste money on those aluminum components and then not only would an AE or Losi still smoke you that would do it even quicker beacuse now you not only have a care thats not worth racing you would have a car that came of jumps like a brick because it was so heavy. Just by a Losi OR AE GT and let it be done. X

i agree just trying to give some people hope as of smokin the rusty, well with the new racing engine a hopped up rusty could easily keep up with a losi or ae. but you would have to have some 2.75 springs to hold up the impact. so lets just say you are tired of racing your new rusty with the racing engine and you want to race. you can invest in some grahite shock towers bearings and aluminum a arms and if your a good driver you should be able to hold you own. the rusty isnt fully adjustible but for the local racer you should do fine. but yes i do agree if you really want to race big then invest in somethign thats comes with all the racing features already on it and was designed for all out racing like the ae and losi trucks are.

well the new rusty is pretty fast with that 2.5 50 m.p.h traxxas claims:confused:

Something like this:

2.5Rustler7.jpg

or something like this:

MugenRustler02.jpg

Believe it or not there is someone out here that gives a hoot about the Traxxas Nitro Rustler.

Roy Pitchlynn
RD Racing Products

RD Racer - Damn nice looking setup! How much speed are you getting out of that 2.5? Almost looks scary!

Parts description?

-Chris

I still feel the same way unless you have some really good corner marshals you will go really fast in the strait but you will loose time waiting for your truck to be fliped back over after it looses control in the turns. Besides going 50 in a stadium truck is pretty useless back to my orginal point . Why do pros use carb restrictors because they already have more than enough power. You can put a .21 on a Rustler for all I care and its still a rustler. X

X
ROAR has set the max opening for the carbs measured above the jet. 2002 rules have set at
.12 engines must be 5.5 mm
.15 engines must be 6 mm
.15 Open/Outlaw engines must be 7 mm
.21 engines 9 mm

Say that you have a Trinity Picco .15 engine that came stock with a 9 mm carb opening. You will need to use a use a restrictor to get the opening down to 6 mm in order for it to be legal. Roars has the rules in place to make racing a level playing for everyone from the back yard basher to the pros. It keeps one off factory trucks off of the track. For everything that is used in racing must be made available to the general public and ROAR even has price guidelines as to how much the parts can cost in order to give the every day Joe just as big of a chance to race as the Factory paid drivers.
Allot of people do not like ROAR. But I think that they do allot of good for the racer.
Say that you go to a National event. That Team Losi truck driven by Adam Drake must use the same parts that you can buy yourself.
You need to realize that even the pros only average 14 to 18 MPH during a race. You do not need an engine that will put out 85 hp at 98,000 rpms. If your truck will not handle the engine. You can not handle the truck.

Racers Rules to winning.
1. I'm going racing to have fun!
2. A mad driver is a bad driver!
3. The turn marshal didn't wreck, I did!
4. I have to slow down to go fast.
5. The more I relax the better I drive.
6. It's not like I never hacked anyone!
7. Whether I have a good or bad day is my choice.
(Regardless of what happens in the races)
8. Don't take this so serious after all you're racing toy cars.
9. HEY! The Winston Million isn't on the line.
(You can't even win lunch at Taco Bell)
10. Be a good looser and more importantly a good winner.
11. Watch your mouth.
12. If I can't follow these rules today I should stay home

Les

Originally posted by Mule Meat

Racers Rules to winning.
1. I'm going racing to have fun!
2. A mad driver is a bad driver!
3. The turn marshal didn't wreck, I did!
4. I have to slow down to go fast.
5. The more I relax the better I drive.
6. It's not like I never hacked anyone!
7. Whether I have a good or bad day is my choice.
(Regardless of what happens in the races)
8. Don't take this so serious after all you're racing toy cars.
9. HEY! The Winston Million isn't on the line.
(You can't even win lunch at Taco Bell)
10. Be a good looser and more importantly a good winner.
11. Watch your mouth.
12. If I can't follow these rules today I should stay home

Les

:stupid: I with you on that one man! I've got somthing similar on the dash of my race car.

1: Got Fuel? -Check
2: Got Pressure? - Check
3: Engine Running? - Check
4: In first gear? - Check
5: RELAX! This is FUN! - Check

Good Work RD

I have both the new and old Nitro Rustlers and I love both of them. Once you get the handling up to par they are set to go. My next feet is trying to keep up with the 1/8 buggies at the local track. They are quick but i'll keep ya posted as to what happens.

Back