Sold / Found Race Ready Jato; .12 OS CVR-x

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakEyez151

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, I'm back again. I've barely ran the Jato in the last year. Still dont have a verified Paypal account, but that should be taken care of within the next day or two.

I will ship, but obviously prefer a So Cal sell so we can make an exchange in person.

Its been a while, and I barely remember all the mods I did to the jato now, so I gonna more-less copy&paste what I wrote on my previous thread, with exception of a drop in price.

JATO:

The Jato has been heavily modified. It has the 2.5r engine in it. Single speed conversion. Hard Anodized Ti Ni Traxxas shocks (jato pistons). Top plate has been modified & shoved back an inch for better dirt track stability. The tires & rims are almost brand new. They did see a few laps @ the local track. I know there was more modifications done, but I dont remember what all they are... It does have the standard Traxxas controller, but its missing the antenna. I dont know where it went :/
** $125 SHIPPED.

The Jato has seen some drastic changes. The top plate is mounted up front by aluminum stand offs and the forward tension bars are Titanium Turnbuckles. Custom mounted steering servo with aluminum mounts and aluminum arm. As you can see, Traxxas red aluminum turnbuckles, except titanium replaced where the red alu's are known for snapping (and did snap in my case). If you see any difference in the Jato Shots (such as the blue aluminum antenna nut) - The Jato shots on top are more recent than the detailed shots of the TP Mod.

OS CVR-X:
I bought the CVR-X brand new for my old Losi. Paid $130ish for it. Ran it through the break in process, and a few tanks afterward. Pulled it out of the Losi & sold the losi. Planned on puttin it in the GT2, but ended up selling that. Planned on putting it in the Jato once I raced that out - but it has the wrong exhaust configuration. Poor engines been sitting in the original box for the last year and a half now. Last time I fired it up, it SCREAMED! I was thoroughly impressed by the power this thing put out. *Unfortunately*, when I was putting it back in the original box, after pulling it from the Losi it slipped and fell about 2.5' and landed on the heat sink! The 2 top fins are bent slightly, and hardly noticable. I've got the old pictures I took that show the damage (or don't show,i really couldn't tell in the pics.) I *will* be taking new pictures w/ a much better camera so potential buyers can see what I was describing.
** $50 SHIPPED

**** Note: The Jato hasn't been ran for over a year. Last I ran it, it hauled. I plan on going out there today to get it fired up again. It will come with original traxxas controller & receiver. I believe the controller is missing the antennae tho. I'm pretty sure. I'll have to look around.

*** EDIT ***

I couldn't find my 2nd Traxxas controller, or an antennae that'd fit the current. It IS missing an antennae. When I went to swap out the Traxxas receiver w/ an airtronics (So I could use my M3) I found the wire @ the base of the Antennae was badly frawed, exposing the actual wire. This caused heavy glitching when the car was turned on. The wires were also PINCHED into the antennae whip, at the bottom. Given their condition, I cut the antennae wire (and smashed point of the whip). At that point I realized that i never swapped the servo connections to Z connectors, so I couldn't drive the Jato using my M3. I ended up reconnecting the traxxas receiver, and using the traxxas transmitter. Keeping it mounted on my work bench and radio no more than 6" away I was able to fire the truck up and run the motor. Once it got up to temperature it ran pretty smoothly. I believe there is an air leak at the base of the carberator however, as it'd hold a rev unless I hit the breaks (effectively pushing the carb "back") A quick check for air leaks, and a new controller and it should run great.

In the plastic box are extra parts that i have left over from doing all the mods. Including the EZ start, 2 EZ-Start controllers (ones in good shape, other has a busted belt-clip), the original transmission gears, original shocks, orig tie rods and some other left overs.
Most likely up for sale later - an old nitro powered heli, Blade CP Pro, and heavily modified Revo. If I receive high interest in these, I'll get to posting them even sooner.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks
Mike

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

Details on Top Plate Mod:
*** EDITED OUT ***
Check out the thread [HERE] I posted on the mod. It has all the pictures that I deleted, and a rather detailed description of what I did to achieve it.

.12 OS CVR-x
IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

Last edited:
i want that jato!

goodluck with you're sale

Buy em!

BTW - I added fresh pics, and edited in more information.

My appologize for the small NOVEL i've written, but I do want to be as clear as possible w/ the condition these items are in so that any potential buyers dont feel that I am trying to be misleading or pull a scam.

Thanks for looking,
Mike

To the Top!

.12 CVR-X is still up. Jato is in talks.

Still got these for sale!

New prices:
$50 shipped for the engine!

$125 SHIPPED for the Jato! TX/RX are no good, but I'll ship them anyway incase you want to scavenge parts. Last I checked, Sweetdiesel had a Traxxas TX/RX for sale for $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back