R4E Switchblade Resto

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahr43

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys and gals. Finished the restoration, bench test and test run of my 2009-2011 RC dragster. Full prep car. Custom chassis out of my RC shop. 1/10 scale with 24in wheelbase.

Body is Walbern RC nitro wedge. Power unit is period original Novak Ballistic 10.5R brushless, Novak GTB ESC. Substituted in for the original ThunderPower 2S x 5000 LiPo is a ProTek 2S x 4600 HV Graphene LiPo 'shorty'.

Radio system is original Futaba 3PM-FM crystal-control radio/receiver combo with HiTec metal gear micro servo.

Background on the car: Originally designed and fielded for the Electric Top Alcohol 2S full-prep class, she eventually migrated through Bracket Class ending her career in the 2.5sec Index Class. Too slow for T.A., too fast for Bracket, but just right for the 2.5 Class.

During her career she posted 2 wins, 6 final rounds and a career best 1.943sec E.T at 70.2mph.

This was a fun resto. Brought back a lot of good memories. Thanks for looking in. Cheers. 'AC'

20231004_143420_forum resize.jpg

20231004_143307_forum resize.jpg

20231004_143322_forum resize.jpg

20231004_143331_forum resize.jpg

Last edited:
Nice dragster. Looks custom fabricated.
If the rules permit running your antenna horizontally will reduce a lot of air drag on the car.

Thanks, guys. @Ramp, yes custom fabricated.

R4E won't race again. Restored the chassis to a race-ready shelf queen.

Cheers. 'AC'

Last edited:
I like weird looking things. Pretty cool though

Hey guys and gals. R4E deep staging like old times in its simulated environment. Ready for lane launch. Couldn't resist faking it for the archives. 'AC'

[Edit> perusing the archives came across the inspiration for the R4E build - Don Prudhomme's wedge dragster from early era drag racing.]

20231006_082901_forum resize2.jpg

vii_5-1.jpg_Prudhomme 100_DRO_May2005.jpg

Last edited:
Back