Quickly addicted

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lions_88

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I guess this is just an intro post? Havent been in the hobby long. My first sub-hobby grade rc was the wltoys 12428 (across). Quickly bought a second one since theyre dirt cheap, which is currently in customs for the passed 2 months lol. Quickly also bought a bandit from the local hobby shop, as well as a dual peak charger and 2, 2s lipos. Right now I'm already about to get an arrma typhon 3s when the hobby shop gets them this week or so. I guess i dont know where i was going with this. Just an intro lol. I'm super pumped for my arrma. I wont be able to afford the batteries and adaptor for another week or two after but I've gotta grab the typhon while i can lol. Anything i should do before my first run of it aside from make sure all screws are tight? Thanks yall, glad to be here.

Welcome in @Lions_88 , I just ordered a Arrma Typhon brushed model last night. I can't wait until she shows up. I went with the brushed model simply because I love modding my rigs. This morning I just ordered a Hobbywing brushless system for it.

hello.wait till you have a pole barn filled...Nice blade..I went a few weeks ago when I seen the Boker collectable #268/1000 spent a whole $30 for these .Boker Sog.CRKT...and a great sounding windchime. Sounds like the old ice cream man.Drove to the 1st estate sale since k19(china Act of ..Biological attack) waiting inline sding...over 1.15 walked in door seen the roll 2 of 3 were in asked where.leather sheath knife was handed it to me..grabbed the other 2..heard this other buyer complaining about no US knife while there in the collection say 6 Buck knife pre 1980...lol
Nice to see a starter get the "Rush" I think we all have unless you get a pos rc..had a few of those...

Attachments

• Boker,Sog,.jpg
    Boker,Sog,.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I always Loctite all metal to metal screws right out of the box. Next step and this is very very important, have fun with it......:D

tighten all nuts bolts screws b4 running.. especially spur grub screw

Welcome in @Lions_88 , I just ordered a Arrma Typhon brushed model last night. I can't wait until she shows up. I went with the brushed model simply because I love modding my rigs. This morning I just ordered a Hobbywing brushless system for it.
Id thought about that but i just couldnt turn away from that speed. Although I've already fallen in love with the modding and upgrading aspect without having done much of it yet..

hello.wait till you have a pole barn filled...Nice blade..I went a few weeks ago when I seen the Boker collectable #268/1000 spent a whole $30 for these .Boker Sog.CRKT...and a great sounding windchime. Sounds like the old ice cream man.Drove to the 1st estate sale since k19(china Act of ..Biological attack) waiting inline sding...over 1.15 walked in door seen the roll 2 of 3 were in asked where.leather sheath knife was handed it to me..grabbed the other 2..heard this other buyer complaining about no US knife while there in the collection say 6 Buck knife pre 1980...lol
Nice to see a starter get the "Rush" I think we all have unless you get a pos rc..had a few of those...
Man 30 bucks is a steal! Yes thats another hobby of mine. I've been making blades and restoring and modding axes for the passed 6 or 7 years. But yes the rush has hit me. My wife isnt crazy about it but she's onboard with anything i take a serious interest in. Enough of my hobbys pull in some cash so that helps lol.

I always Loctite all metal to metal screws right out of the box. Next step and this is very very important, have fun with it......:D
Yeah i need to buy some loctite. Trying to get my little office/garage area setup with adequate tools and all.

tighten all nuts bolts screws b4 running.. especially spur grub screw
Which one is the sour grub screw? I'll definitely make sure nothing is loose before i run it. I didnt do that on my first 12428 and lost a screw off the front suspension. Had to order some more saddle screws or whatever youcl call them.
Thanks for the words and advice everyone..

its the small locking screw thats in the pinion.. the 1 with blue Loctite on it.https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-steel-mod1-pinion-gear-w-5mm-bore-16t-ara310477/p454391?v=409442

its the small locking screw thats in the pinion.. the 1 with blue Loctite on it.https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-steel-mod1-pinion-gear-w-5mm-bore-16t-ara310477/p454391?v=409442
Thanks man

Back