Questions about axial exo.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stirling762

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok dose anybody have any experience with the exo terra? I've acquired a previously enjoyed one and I'm having a few issues with it. 1. Its got some aftermarket rear shocks on it that seem to fit nicely only under full compression they seem to bind somehow and not return. I've checked the fluids, changed springs around, checked for bent shafts, made multiple adjustments. is this binding a common issue? 2. I'm looking for some advise on pinion and spur combo's. currently has a 50/13 combo. Which is stripped out I'm going to be running a castle sidewinder system in it. Primary use will be bashing around with it. I've saw some hot racing motor plates/metal spurs any thoughts or experiences with these? Thanks for any advise!

Not sure about the exo versions, but I had no issues with my hot racing spur gear in my MERV, it held up very well on 3s. I did change it for a GEN3 slipper unit, cause someone I asked told me I should give RRP a second chance.

As for the motor plate, I'd go with one: from this page: http://gcmracing.ca/viewcategory.php?groupid=32

Alexander thanks for the info and the link. I think I'll give that motor plate a try looks good.

You'll want to try running a 3600kV motor. That's close to what it comes with from Axial. Also 3s is really hard on the Sidewinder. I smoked one trying to program its deadband to the TX on 3s. I ended up replacing the SW3 with a Mamba Max Pro.

Thanks hams. Any suggestions on gearing for the exo? I'm only gonna be running 2s lipo on it.

Back