Question, Trying To Help My Cousin

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRXaddict

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone my cousin just bought a team associated RC18 truggy (used) with upgraded motor, battery, esc, and suspension.

He was showing me it and its fun !! how ever at first he told me the radio was reversed and the steering and throttle was opposite. So i thought ohh its just the reverse switches. So i drive it alittle and flip the steering switch back to normal and it starts to turn normally. Then i go to flip the throttles switch back to normal but it didnt make a difference. Its so awkward for me to have to push the throttle forward to make it go.

Also I'm not sure if the radio is self is bad or what it is, but the car seems to have a delay some times when you give it gas you have to tap it a couple times to get it to move.

Everything on the thing looks good quality and done right. And I'm wanting to get it fixed because he is thinking about giving me the family hook up and just trade it for something i dont want.

Do i need to get a new radio ?? its not a 2.4 ghz radio just a crystal mhz style.

Thank you for reading !!

The Associated AM radios with the crystals never really worked well for me on my original RC-18T. Associated ESCs also don't work and play well with others. I ended up replacing the radio and ESC with aftermarket stuff.

Apparently he has an aftermarket esc, the receiver is stock but the esc i dont believe is stock. Its a yellow one i didnt read the company name on it but i dont think its stock.

So maybe a good idea is upgrade to 2.4 ghz radio and transmitter. Its a nice truggy with about 2 extra brushless motors, and all the stock extra parts so I'm really hoping i can get it..

So its most likely the receiver right ? what else would cause the throttle to be reversed no matter what ? I know with MHZ they are easily interrupted but this just seems like its something with the receiver it self .. or maybe its the ESC ?? is it possible someone installed the ESC incorrectly ?

Reverse 2 of the wires between the motor and ESC??

Witch wires would i reverse ??? i noticed brushless always have 3 wires. just never owned a brushless before.

It doesn't matter what wires are reversed ? i guess i can try it. when i see him again ill try this.

I had to do this with my new castle system i put in my slash, it should fix your problem.

Back