question about t maxx and servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchampion99

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i was just wondering if somebody could tell me how tell which t maxx i have. of if it is extended or anything like that. i was also wondering since i have to replace my steering servo witch it is a traxxas 2055 if it would be better to put in like traxxas 2070 servo. thanks for the help

Pics would help, I can tell between older or newer but not specific models, maybe someone else can.

As for servos it depends what u want. If you want better quality go with hitec or savox, while traxxas servos are cheaper and some are waterproof. What's your budget?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

how do i put pics on here. it is a 2.5 but i put a 2.5r in it. i dont have alot to spend on a servo right now it has the black 2 speed tranny in it. it also has a blue frame i guss it would be called. if this info helps any.

Go with the blue Traxxas servo for now. It sounds like your newer to the addiction so why not keep it on the cheaper side and get an "upgrade" with the waterproof servo. If you become full on hooked to the hobby than you can look at better upgrades. Servo choice will not be affected by different models as the servos are all interchangeable

ya i am fairly new to rc. ok i will go with the blue one. will all the front and rear skid plates interchange from the different models of t maxx`s

I agree with Phins-Fan go with the Blue Servo's... I'd say upgrade to SAVOX Servos down the road when you have the cash for SAVOX's

k thanks for the info