Question about side pipe for revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bash

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got a slightly used picco .26 max off ebay. Doing some research I found that to get the most out of the engine, a side exhaust is a good idea. My question is, what is a good side exhaust?

it depends on the mill. you need to match the pipe to the mill. i use a ofna pipe on my rb 523. fit perfectly. lmk when you get ready to mount it, i know a trick mount setup that works really well.

I have .26 Maxx and I LOVE the JP3 side pipe.

IMG00009-20090122-1242.jpg

Smameless plug
A 2053 pipe will work very well and let it rev higher and much harder on top than a Jp-3 will. The JP-3 has a bit more bottom to mid power vs. a 2053.
The shameless part is I have a 2053 in the BST. It has a JP header on it.
I also have a JP-3 I am listing today.

How does the header fit the .26max? The Picco has a much smaller exaust hole compared to a standard .21 big block doesn't it?Is it a special header and who makes em and how where can you get em?

i needed to use 2 Exhaust gaskets to fill the difference in size.

i needed to use 2 Exhaust gaskets to fill the difference in size.

That's the downside, the only way i know how to do it too.
You may can find some silicone tubing for planes at the LHS and cut it to length.
That is the only gripe I have with Picco, they use a small smooth exhaust port
on a lot of there engines. Gaskets can be a pain.
The big red Ofna 1/8th exhaust header gaskets may work with a smaller 1/10th gasket inside it. Silicone them together.

That's the downside, the only way i know how to do it too.
You may can find some silicone tubing for planes at the LHS and cut it to length.
That is the only gripe I have with Picco, they use a small smooth exhaust port
on a lot of there engines. Gaskets can be a pain.
The big red Ofna 1/8th exhaust header gaskets may work with a smaller 1/10th gasket inside it. Silicone them together.

I have no issues running 2 gaskets.

hey any of you guys with side mount pipes i have about 5 or 6 bodies for the revo 3.3 that have a portion of the left side cut out to fit the pipe. they are all slightly used but none are entirely shot. i dont want anything for them just pay for shipping.. let me know other wise I'm gonna chuck them.