Question about dying

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex2342

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm getting ready to dye the wing and rims from my PCR and have a stupid question. Can I dye the rims without taking off the tires? They are glued on pretty good and don't want to come off. I've tried every method and it's just not happening! Ofna must have used some secret formuls or something because I tried baking, boiling, and CA debonder and nothing has worked. Will it hurt anything if I leave the tires on??

"Question about dying" ..........its a part of life that we all must experience... no one knows what happens after death. but we should all not be afraid of it as its a natural part of life...lol :jk:

dont worry about it . the tires will only be sitting in the water for just a little bit . they should be just fine . .maybe plug up any holes that are in the rim or tire. to help keep the water out ,and let them dry real good.

Nathan, I know what happens after death.

It will be fine, I dyed my mini-t rims with the tire on them and they turned out just fine... If the foam hgets wet let it dry... I heard it will mess up your foam if you run them wet.

Nathan_454 said:
"Question about dying" ..........its a part of life that we all must experience... no one knows what happens after death. but we should all not be afraid of it as its a natural part of life...lol :jk:

I don't care who you are thats funny right there. :cheers:

LOL yeah that is pretty funny! I went ahead and dyed them with the tires still on. It seemed to work like it was supposed to. Everything came out looking pretty good! Once I get the body scheme figured out I'll post some pics of the finished product.

Nathan_454 said:

LMFAO - Funny thing is I thought "what the heck is this about" when I seen the title of this thread.

-Michael

LOL I thought this was a suicide post :whhooo:

I went to this thread for the same reason, the title. However, Nathan_454 beat me to the "wise guy" answer. Welcome to the club, Nathan.

lol i try to throw out a non-relative smart @$$ answer whenever possible.

Back