question about center driveshafts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jathom

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
will 4949r metal center driveshafts work on a 4908 tmaxx, if so will they bolt right up? do i need 5166 stubb axle/axle sleeve?
if not any recommendations?
oh and i had a front end incident and it broke my servo at the little white gear that sticks out, would 2072 gear kit rebuild that?
thx for any help

The CVD's would not work. The front one is to short. I don't think they have a Center CVD set out yet for the 4908.

yes that gear set would work but why not use this time to upgrade? Get a Hitec 645MG or if you have a little more, a Hitec 985MG

Last edited:
stick with plastic

dont use metal ones, the plastic ones act like fuses and bust be4 any thing expensive breaks. and if you still bust em like crazy loosen your slipper, and if you slipper comes loose use thread locker and/or get new nuts because the rubber part wears out.

I'm not real worried bout to much breaking, I'm just tired of my 3.3s torque ripping the u-joints right outta socket, i found these... never seen em before
think there any good?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&P=WR&I=LXWJZ0

p.s. any recommendations on shocks? i can't find pro-lines powerstrokes or UE's? should i just get the traxxas big bores? and then some springs?
:)

Last edited:
I wouldn't get the Integy stuff...EVER. Integy has horrible aluminum and their customer service is Horrible.

I recommend the traxxas big bores, they are a great set of shocks and are well built. Great for that truck. Or if you wanna up grade a little more, get 4 Buggy rear shocks.

For shocks I run Dynamite/Losi threaded aluminum shocks with rpm dual stage pistons and Trinity blue springs, I love the set up. On my sons maxx he is running 4 UE supershocks, same as 1/8 rear buggy shocks, and they work great on his truck. You can usually find a good deal on some buggy shocks on evilbay.

integy (shelf queen only parts)

Don't buy the integy HD center shaft they suck. I had them on for about a hour before they broke on my t maxx 4908 with a picco .26 jl still in break in.
I have emailed integy about it with no reply yet. :angry: