Putting the revo 5309 back on the road after 1 yr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayz39

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have the revo 5309 with fac engine just wondering was there any maintenance I should do since it's been put up for little over a yr

Take out the glow plug and put a few drops of ARO (After run oil) into the cylinder and turn the engine by hand to get everything coated and lubed.
Then you'll want to give it a few short spins with the starter to make sure everything is turning freely. Put in the glow plug and check the compression.
Check all your fuel lines for drying or leaking, you might actually want to replace them since it's only a buck a foot for the tubing.
Make sure all your batteries are fresh or fully charged and THOROUGHLY check the movement of your servos to avoid a wide open throttle run-away.
Drive around slowly to give it a chance to warm up, then make any necessary adjustments to your tuning and idle.
Enjoy it!

I went 7 years in between runs with mine I ran out of time, I did basically the same thing rolex said with my engine (not factory). The main thing that was shot on mine was all the rubber boots.

my ole Revo

Puttin my 7 year old Revo 3.3 back together after 3 years of that electric crap " OH HOW I'VE MISSED NITRO "

Back